Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Procurement Manager to start ASAP for a duration of 9 Months
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £12.00 per hour
13+ week's £19.10 per hour
Location: Newtownards, BT23
Hours: 8.45 - 5.00pm (mon - thurs) 8.45 - 3.30pm Fri
- Full Member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS).
A minimum of three years (in the last five) professional experience within the procurement function of a large complex organisation. This experience must include experience of public sector procurement.
In depth knowledge of application of public sector procurement policy and Public Procurement Regulations in a public sector body.
Experience of developing procurement policies and sourcing strategies.
Experience of promoting a culture of compliance with regulations and achieving value for money in contracts.
Ability to develop procurement strategies and manage and monitor supplier performance.
Ability to manage conflicting priorities, achieving co-operation and building relationships.
Analytical skills and understanding of management information and the ability to assess and evaluate financial data to inform purchasing decisions.
Ability to undertake effective negotiation and influencing through effective communication.
- Develop and implement a procurement strategy for the College, delivering maximum value for goods and services whilst managing any and all associated risks.
- Drive forward innovative developments in procurement in line with best practice, and be responsible for driving a culture of performance improvement and compliance.
- In conjunction with the Financial Controller, design, implement and review all procurement policies and procedures in line with legislation, Department of Finance Public Procurement Policy and best practice. Monitor changes and update policies and procedures.
- Develop and execute an annual procurement plan to ensure delivery of the programme of tenders, quotations and contracts on a timely basis.
- Ensure compliance with procurement and contract management policies and procedures and execute a programme of compliance checking and feedback to the Financial Controller.
- Ensure use of Single Tender Action (Direct Award Contracts) is appropriate, and follows the guidance in place and that value for money is evidenced.
- Manage the Purchase Order process within the College.
- Develop plans for efficiency savings/cost reduction through procurement activities, execute and report to the Financial Controller on same on an annual basis.
- Ensure achievement of value for money in all College purchases.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive Supplier Contracts Register and work with College departments to ensure appropriate supplier management.
- Design, implement and review supplier performance through implementation of a College contract management policy and procedure and programme.
- Manage all contract dispute resolution activities.
- Act as the College representative overseeing the day-to-day relationship with Central Procurement Directorate (CPD) in order to maximise efficiency and value for money.
- Assist in developing the procurement and contract management skill base in the College through ongoing training, development and communication with staff at all levels in the College.
- Identify training needs regarding Procurement and contract management throughout the College.
- Act as College representative on the FE sector NI Procurement Officers Association.
- Represent the College at appropriate meetings and events as required.
- Provide accurate procurement advice to College staff.
- Develop and strengthen partnerships and alliances with stakeholders, the FE sector, other education providers, employers, professional bodies, and appropriate Government departments.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland