Grafton Procurement and Supply, Belfast have partnered with a leading service provider in the public/utilities sector to recruit for a Procurement Manager. The Procurement Manager will be based in Belfast and this is a permanent post. You will join a Northern Ireland Centre of Procurement Expertise (CoPE) who follows strict procurement standards. If you are a qualified procurement professional with management experience, coupled with experience of the Utilities Contracts Regulations 2016 and/or the Public Contracts Regulations 2015 you will want to hear about this opportunity!
Reporting to the Head of Procurement, the Procurement Manager will manage a team of Category Managers, Procurement Advisors and Buyers to deliver best value procurement solutions for the business. You will ensure that category management teams have an early, proactive involvement, with internal and external customers, in the procurement of all supplies, services and works across the Group's category portfolio and that high levels of service are achieved and maintained.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Head of Procurement in ensuring that the Group delivers on its aims and objectives through strategic procurement and operational best practice.
- Ensuring that procurement of the Group's category portfolio is adequately resourced and that resourcing requirements are continually reviewed.
Direct Category Managers and their teams in:
- Promoting the role of the Procurement function as an enabler of strategic delivery and a key driver of cost-effectiveness, value and efficiency
- Building strong working relationships with customers and suppliers
- Examining spend across the Group's portfolio and highlighting areas of opportunity and risk
- Gathering and utilising market intelligence to inform procurement decisions
- Participating in cross-functional teams to ensure the development of fit for purpose scopes and specifications
- Developing sourcing strategies to meet the Group's corporate operational requirements
- Advising on the management of supplier performance, compliance with agreed service levels and adherence to CSR obligations, and on taking remedial action as required
- Participating in collaborative projects and cross-sector initiatives
The successful Procurement Manager will receive a market leading remuneration package, to include a competitive base salary, bonus structure, pension, travel incentives and more.
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (Level 6 / Graduate Diploma)
- Minimum of four years' relevant professional experience within the procurement function of a large and/or complex organisation, with at least two of those four years being post MCIPS qualification
- Experience of overseeing or managing capital procurement projects and revenue procurement projects >£1m
- Experience of delivering procurement benefits and efficiencies
- Experience of managing teams and projects
- Minimum of two years' experience of managing procurement professionals
- Experience of leading change resulting in improved business performance
- Experience of playing a key role in the development and implementation of procurement strategies and initiatives, procurement policies and procedures, model documentation and business improvement tools
- Experience of contract law and commercial terms and conditions
- Experience of data reporting and analysis
- Experience of using MS Office packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Minimum of five years' relevant professional experience within the procurement function of a large and/or complex organisation, with at least two of those five years being post-MCIPS qualification
- Prince 2 practitioner (or equivalent Project Management qualification)
- Experience of the Utilities Contracts Regulations 2016 and/or the Public Contracts Regulations 2015
- Full current driving licence
Interested candidates who feel they are meeting the criteria should forward a CV without delay via this advertisement. Your CV should demonstrate how you are meeting the essential and/or desirable criteria - no assumptions can be made for shortlisting and CVS that do not meet the criteria cannot be progressed.
Closing date for applications is Thursday, 20th December at 12 noon.
If you would like to discuss this Procurement Manager in more detail please Kelly Jennings, specialist Procurement and Supply Chain recruiter at Grafton, Belfast. If this Procurement Manager job is not quite what you are looking for, but you are interested in buying, procurement or supply chain roles I would be delighted to hear from you - I am registering new roles every day.