Location: Co Down
Salary: Attractive, Negotiable, depending on experience
Grafton Specialist recruitment has been retained to recruit a Procurement Manager for leading manufacturing company based in Co Down. The successful candidate will lead a Procurement team within a successful, dynamic manufacturing business who are at the very forefront of their industry.
Reporting to: Supply Chain Director AND/OR Purchasing Manager
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a business unit, achieving ultimate success in the procurement of stock from worldwide suppliers, within efficient timescales and to company standards.
- Ensuring performance delivery against key targets/metrics; cost, quality standards, inventory levels etc.
- Effectively communicate with customer base and internal teams to ensure all are appraised with timely and relevant information.
- Providing leadership and direction to the team to ensure the needs of the business unit are met.
- Effective ownership of program resources delivery against program deliverables.
- Relentlessly striving to exceed the business commercial expectations on all programs.
- Timely preparation and delivery of management reports to highlight key areas of performance issues within the unit.
- Ensuring supplier performance monitoring and appropriate corrective actions, escalating as necessary.
- Ensuring that all Health and Safety standards and requirements are met and a safe working environment promoted within the area.
- Providing leadership and management to the team in an environment where personal development is encouraged and policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in a Purchasing or Supply Chain Analyst role
- 2 years' experience of managing a team in a manufacturing environment plus a third level qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Significant Project management experience to include the following: risk management, problem solving and critical milestone planning.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Experience of people management.
- A third level qualification in a related discipline
- Hold or working towards NVQ Level 4 or MCIPS or other equivalent qualification.
- Relevant experience within a manufacturing assembly environment.
- Experience of managing in a Lean environment, to include evidence of managing continuous improvement initiatives.
- Relevant management training.
The successful candidate will enjoy an attractive starting salary, which is negotiable depending on experience.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.