Procurement Manager Sourcing
The Client: Local government body based in Armagh, serving local people.
The Role: The Procurement Manager will support the Senior Procurement Manager in providing a cost effective service in respect of the provision of a comprehensive procurement service to a range of Organisations. They will be responsible for managing and developing the Procurement service, to fulfil their key role in the supply chain thereby supporting health and social care to patients and clients. The post holder will assist in fostering a spirit of commercial awareness within their Procurement location, using that to equip staff to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
- Liaising with Directors, Directorate Managers and all key stakeholders to implement value for money procurement solutions. Liaise with staff and customers to ensure that Operational Service and Budget Agreement and PaLS Service Delivery Plan targets are consistently achieved.
- Managing etheprocurement service and deputising for the Senior Procurement Manager.
- Supporting the Senior Procurement Manager in providing a close effective service and in developing that service to meet future needs and trends.
- Support environmental strategies to conform to legislation and to support waste management policies and strategies.
- Liaise with Information Services on the development and implementation of electronic commerce trading solutions in relation to the Supply chain.
- People Management and Development
- Financial and Resource Management
- Communication and Information Management
This Job Description will be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and is not intended to be rigid and inflexible but should be regarded as providing guidelines within which the individual works. Other duties of a similar nature and appropriate to the grade may be assigned from time to time.
Hours of work: 37.5 hrs per week
- Must hold at least a primary degree AND at least two years' relevant* experience.
Must hold a relevant Professional Qualification, such as full membership of CIPS or CILT AND at least two years' relevant* experience.
Must have five year's relevant* experience, two of which must include the management or supervision of staff.
- Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment. These criteria will be waived in the case of applicants whose disability prohibits driving but who have access to a form of transport approved by the Organisation which will permit them to carry out the duties of the post.
- Ability to maintain and improve services and systems to meet high standards of quality and professionalism, contributing to the management of change, whilst maintaining and continuously improving Customer Service.
- Candidates must have well developed communication skills and be able to communicate effectively with commercial suppliers and senior personnel within HSC organisations.
- Candidates must be capable of assessing objectively all aspects in the management of the supply chain.
- Candidates must have the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with officers at all levels and in all professions within the Organisation and to supervise staff.
- Be pro-active and self-motivated.
- Candidates must be familiar with all aspects of contracting, in particular Public Contracts Regulations 2015.
- Have experience in negotiating with commercial suppliers. Interview / Test.
- Pay: TBC
- Holiday Entitlement: 28 days per annum
Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.