Temporary (1 month with possible extension)
The Client: Local Government body based in Newry, serving local residents.
The Role: The post-holder will be responsible for the procurement of goods & services on behalf of the Client, based on value-for-money & having due regard to propriety & regulation. To provide procurement advice & support to ensure efficient & effectiveness of service delivery.
Hours of work: 37 hrs per week
* Have a third level qualification and at least 2 year's experience in a purchasing role.
* Experience of purchasing for the public sector or supervision and management of purchasing contracts with the public sector.
* Experience of managing high budget and complex tenders.
* Demonstrate competence in sourcing, analysing, checking and interpreting data at a detailed and general level; and producing appropriate management reports
* Be competent in the use of Microsoft office applications including word, spreadsheets and email.
* Must be willing to undergo a Basic AccessNI check
* In depth knowledge of European legislation and UK procurement regulations.
* Rates of Pay: £15.50 p/hr
* Holiday Entitlement
Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.