Our Client, a Large Public Sector organisation based in Cloonavin require a Procurement Officer to join their team.
Role : Procurement Officer
Location : Cloonavin Coleraine
Hours of work : 37 hrs per week
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £14.86 12 weeks + £16.60
Main Duties :
- The postholder will provide professional procurement advice, support and training to ensure a consistent approach to procurement throughout Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council.
- The postholder will be responsible for providing professional support across all areas of procurement, ensuring compliance with legislation, delivery of organisational policies, achieving and assisting with service improvements, and working closely with Council Senior Managers to develop optimum sourcing options, ensuring value for money is achieved through procurement best practice.
- Ensure that the department complies with all statutory and legislative requirements by adhering to these requirements and working in accordance with good governance and health and safety requirements.
- Ensure that all responsibilities are carried out in a timely and effective manner and that general confidentiality is maintained in all areas relating to the work of the Council.
Full JD available on Request.
Essential Criteria :
- A third level qualification (or equivalent) within a relevant discipline (such as supply chain logistics, procurement, law, business studies or a numerate discipline).
- 2 year's experience of effective and efficient administration and delivery of a number of procurement projects involving supply of goods, services, works and utilities. This experience may have been gained in either the public, private or voluntary sectors.
The procurement and contract management experience must include 2 years' relevant experience* of:
- Procurement processes either in the public sector or other sectors which were subject to the European Union Public Procurement Directive requirements.
- The operational phase of contracts from contract signature through interim services, if any, to full operational phase and then to the conclusion of the contracts.
- Adopting a constructive and proactive approach to identifying and addressing risks/challenges involved in the procurement process and contract management.
- Effectively utilising resources and budgets, including data management.
- Utilisation of relevant IT packages eg Microsoft Office products, document management facilities, databases and spreadsheets.
*Note: This experience should be within a procurement or contract management function and the applicant is expected to have an awareness of the general commercial environment, in particular, experience of day to day operational implications in a procurement or contract management setting.
Alternatively, consideration will be given to candidates who do not possess the required educational qualifications but who can demonstrate four years' relevant procurement and contract management experience in the areas outlined above
A current full, Category B (car), driving licence valid in the UK and access to a car or *have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post.
*Applies only to applicants who have a disability under the Disability Discrimination Act.
Desirable Criteria :
- In addition to the above qualifications and experience, Council reserves the right to shortlist only those applicants who possess:
Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) at any of the membership grades.
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please apply via the link.