Procurement/Contracts Support - Project role
Our Client, a leading provider of Telecommunications Services, is seeking to recruit an experienced Procurement Resource, ideally with experience in Contracts, to support across a specific Project Team.
Duration: Expected 6 months
Scope of role
Working across a defined IT related project, this role will require substantial Supplier and Stakeholder engagement, key documentation reviews, control of change processes and strong project management skills particularly with reference to meeting phase by phase deadlines and communication schedules.
Key Responsibilities may include
- Develop, align and implement strategic sourcing strategies appropriate to defined product and services, delivering maximum commercial advantage
- Interact with key stakeholders to define ongoing requirements, validate inventory and SOWs.
- Prepare communications and documentation relevant to the project.
- Lead negotiation on pricing, contract terms and conditions, commercial models, risk and issue resolution relevant to the project.
- Build strong internal relationships at all levels.
- Understand the business and its requirements of external supply markets
- Understand and apply at all times internal and corporate governance requirements for spend, including information storage
- Evaluate, own and mitigate third party supplier risk for their spend
- Drive supplier delivery of commercial and contractual commitments
- Build strong supplier relationships
- Potential for wider financial and / or systems responsibilities
- Ideally Professionally qualified (CIPS or equivalent) strategic sourcing
- Typically educated to degree level
Skills & Experience
- Strategic Sourcing experience is essential
- Including but not limited to: commercial acumen, financial analysis, sourcing strategy development using a defined and industry recognised methodology, commercial and contract negotiation, stakeholder interaction, presentation and relationship management at all levels, supply base management, third party dispute resolution
- Proven external negotiation skills
- Demonstrated robust analytic skills - ability to sort through complex information and data and propose appropriate, workable solutions
- Evidence of the ability to apply market and industry knowledge to develop and implement appropriate and value added commercial solutions for the
- Proven experience of owning the drafting from company guidelines, negotiation, and execution of all elements of third party supply contracts
- Experience and understanding of ownership of supplier policy, governance and risk management
- Proven experience of third party supplier risk management
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
If you are interested in this role please forward your CV via the link.