PRODUCTION MANAGER, DUNGIVEN, £45K NEGOTIABLE
Our client is an expanding manufacturing business based in Dungiven. They are renowned for offering professional, high quality, bespoke products, and the company continues to win major prestige projects throughout Ireland and mainland UK. Due to continued growth, they are now seeking to recruit an experienced Production Manager to lead their busy Production team.
As Production Manager, you will take responsibility for People Management, Quality, Health & Safety and staff training.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan production scheduling activities in accordance with customer delivery requirements
- Control production costs to budgeted limits and devise systems to effectively manage work in progress levels.
- Provide assistance to the wider production team to continuously improve production methods and processes through ongoing analysis of production efficiency and the identification and delivery of efficiency improvement projects.
- Maximise machine and people efficiencies to reduce lead times and downtimes through effective work flow planning, taking advantage of the flexibility of the machinery and availability of working hours.
- Meet regularly with the Senior Management team to ensure effective communication of information relative to potential process improvement initiatives.
- Ensure effective shop floor housekeeping and maintenance of plant and equipment in accordance with legislative Health and Safety requirements.
- Supervision of production staff and foster effective teamwork and ensure a neutral and harmonious working environment.
- Provide guidance and direction to all operatives, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance through daily/weekly meetings,
- Production Manager with significant Management experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent people management and motivational skills
- Hands-on person who is equally comfortable on the factory floor as well as at Board level
- Looking to take on extra responsibility and build a long term career with a growing company
As an integral member of the team in this specialised field, with a reputation for professional service, quality products and many years of customer partnering, this position is an exciting and varied role offering the opportunity to build your career within a growing business.
If you would like more information please call Marc Doorish on 02871 267799 or click on APPLY NOW to submit your CV.