Location: Co Down
Salary: 25-35k, Negotiable, depending on experience
Grafton Specialist recruitment has been retained to recruit a Production Manager for one of Ireland's leading organisations. The business operates within technical, pharma and veterinary medicine sectors and supply to over 120 countries globally.
Manage dedicated Manufacturing Suites, responsible for teams producing veterinary pharmaceutical products to the highest standards for distribution globally. The Site Manufacturing Lead will drive performance and embed a continuous improvement culture in key manufacturing suites, to deliver Customer orders on time. Adherence with all aspects of the Quality Management System and the Environmental Health & Safety system are critical within the manufacturing environment. Reporting to the Manufacturing Director, the Site Manufacturing Lead will ensure products are manufactured compliantly and aligned with regulatory authority standards globally.
- Develop and lead high performing team on one of our 3 manufacturing sites in Co Down, managing a 24/7 operation
- Coach & mentor team to drive high standards of performance
- Responsibility for coordination & planning of the manufacturing schedule, ensuring Customer requirements are exceeded
- Identify process improvement to maximise output & efficiency of the facility
- Embed continuous improvement and "Quality" mindset within the team
- Responsibility for Operational and Compliance KPIs for manufacturing facilities on site
- Ensure products are manufactured to the highest standards and associated records are completed compliantly at all times
- Liaise with and promote teamwork with other departments such as Engineering, Process Excellence, Validations and Quality to ensure all production equipment and areas are fully compliant with all GMP and customer requirements.
- Lead the change management process for manufacturing issues
- Actively engage in continuous improvement programmes ensuring that all manufacturing activities are carried out in the most cost effective manner, minimising reject levels and maximising yields to ensuring that daily production targets and annual departmental goals are met
- Drive a 'safety culture' and maintain the highest level of safety standards
- Adhere to the principles of Good Manufacturing Practice ensuring product is manufactured within the defined parameters of the Quality Management System. Where deviations occur suggest and implement CAPAs. Lead investigations and suggest CAPAs for manufacturing issues.
- Perform regular internal compliance audits against the appropriate regulations to ensure an audit ever-ready Production facility. Assist with external audits as required
- Drive high standards of performance within the team and identify development needs/skills gaps
- A degree or third level qualification in Pharmacy, Science, Engineering or Mathematics (or a closely related area) or at least 5 years' experience in a manufacturing environment
- A minimum of 7 years' experience in a management role
- Experience and understanding of pharmaceutical manufacturing, regulatory, quality and validation requirements, pharmaceutical manufacturing processes (e.g. solid oral dose, aseptic, non-aseptic techniques, API manufacturing and packaging and including materials, sciences and technology activities) and product launch.
- Manage and be responsible for teams on various shift patterns.
- Ability to motivate and train team members. Ability to instruct and coach new/ less experienced team members.
- Experience of environmental, health and safety (e.g. complete risk assessments, COSHH assessments, NEBOSH)
- Experience in aseptic manufacturing
- Experience of inventory control systems
- Experience of control of cross contamination (microbial or chemical).
The successful candidate will enjoy an attractive starting salary, which is negotiable depending on experience.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.