Grafton are delighted to be working alongside a superb manufacturing company who are seeking to add to the Manufacturing department. This role will be reporting into the Operations Director and will entail you working closely with team leaders to determine priorities and monitor progress whilst having a close working relationship with clients.
- Chair production meetings with a cross functional team to ensure customer requirement are met in terms of quantity, cost and time, identifying issues and feeding back to customers where deliveries are affected.
- Participate in Senior Management meetings on Business Improvement activities.
- Maintain a close working relationship with customers and be their main interface for all order requirements and issues.
- Produce order book status reports as per customer requirements.
- Ensure that quality standards are made clear to employees throughout the department, are rigorously maintained and that positive and effective customer focus is developed.
- Ensure that working methods/ processes are carried out safely
- Monitor all aspects of manufacturing costs and performance and ensure that speedy, effective corrective action is taken where performance/standards or costs deviate from acceptable levels.
- Seek out and recommend ways of improving costs effectiveness, methods, organisation, structure, stock levels, and product quality throughout the Department.
- Ensure that effective employees are recruited, trained, motivated and developed to allow them to perform flexibly, efficiently and to the required quality levels.
- Identify key training needs and ensure agreed training is effectively implemented to achieve improved flexibility, efficiency, and quality.
- Carry out appraisals to review employee's previous performance and set future objectives.
- Ensure agreed effective corrective action is speedily instituted where performance standards fall below acceptable levels.
- Third level qualification OR Min of 3 years experience
- Strong leadership skills
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Glenda at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement & Medical/Healthcare.