My client is a leader in their market. They have a current requirement for a Production Manager to join their team on a permanent basis.
They have a current requirement for a Production Manager to join their Ballymena facility on a permanent basis. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced individual to progress their career with a leading organisation. Top salary on offer plus excellent benefits package.
· Review daily production plan and product specifications in order to meet production requirements and ensure the quality of products meets specifications;
·Plan production activities, applying knowledge of production methods, processes, machinery, layout and production capabilities of each line;
·Understand staffing requirements based on the production plan and schedule and liaise with shift management and supervisory teams to ensure adequate resources are available on each shift to meet production targets and objectives and that startup times are met in accordance with production schedules;
·Ensure operators have completed/received relevant handover documentation/communication to next shift/from previous shift; Ensure all relevant shift paperwork is completed, e.g. shift reports, audits, line clearance and CCP/QCP verification checks;
·Support and develop Team Leads in the execution of production operations to ensure the correct balance of technical and people skills are available, based on the current and future business requirements;
·Orientate new members into the team through training and coaching and develop them to maximise their potential;
·Co-ordinate the induction and training of new recruits.
· Supervise, lead and motivate all production personnel in the pursuit of maximum efficiency and productivity (KPIs) and increased levels of employee participation through involvement and providing feedback and support;
·Monitor and improve OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) by tracking process/line reliability and performance;
·Deliver change initiatives/projects on time and on budget by focussing on the people side of change, including changes to production processes, job roles, organisation structures, systems and technology,
·Use problem solving and investigation to identify the root cause of bottlenecks within the production process to prevent potential product loss in the process steps.
·Review current work practices to identify and support production process improvement activities, e.g. waste reduction;
·Ensure all quality assurance and standard operating procedures are being followed, including the completion of related paperwork and traceability;
· Responsible for the health and safety of all operations in the workplace and maintaining safe working practices for individuals;
· Deliver and maintain effective levels of communication across all teams. Communicate key business updates including performance, strategy and site updates, etc.
· At least 2 years' experience gained in a management/supervisory position within a manufacturing/production environment, preferably within a bottling or food packing environment to include supervision of more than one department
· Experience working within the Food and Beverage industry
· Experience working in a bottling or food packing environment
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.