Location: County Down
Grafton are delighted to be working in conjunction with a superb manufacturing company who are seeking a Production Manager who will be responsible for monitoring process and achievements of the team.
- Managing a cross-functional team to ensure customer requirement are met in terms of delivery and quantity, identifying issues and feeding back to customers where deliveries are affected.
- Maintain a close working relationship with customers and be their main interface for all order enquiries.
- Participate in Senior Management meetings on Business Improvement activities.
- Working with Directors and keeping them informed of major problems making recommendations for solutions and ensuring such agreed solutions are effectively carried out.
- Ensure that quality standards are made clear to employees throughout the department, are rigorously maintained and that positive and effective customer focus is developed.
- Ensure that production equipment is efficiently utilised.
- Monitor all aspects of manufacturing costs and performance and ensure that speedy, effective corrective action is taken where performance/standards or costs deviate from acceptable levels.
- Seek out and recommend ways of improving costs effectiveness, methods, organisation, structure, stock levels, and product quality throughout the Department. Ensure that there is a smooth and effective introduction of agreed new methods, plant or equipment into full-scale production.
- Identify key training needs and ensure agreed training is effectively implemented to achieve improved flexibility, efficiency, and quality.
- Carry out appraisals to review employee's previous performance and set future objectives.
- Ensure agreed effective corrective action is speedily instituted where performance standards fall below acceptable levels.
- To promote the use of Lean principles within the manufacturing function.
- Ensure that adequate cover is available during periods of absence, holidays, overtime or shift work.
- 3+ Years previous experience in a managerial or supervisory capacity
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Glenda at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement & Medical/Healthcare.