Grafton Specialist Recruitment are recruiting a Production Manager on behalf of a leading pharmaceutical company. The Production Manager will be required to become actively involved in the scale-up of new processing operations. Once the processes are scaled-up to commercial level, the Production Manager will assume all operational responsibilities associated with this manufacturing.
The Production Manager will need to assemble and train a small team of operations people capable of running the operations in a safe, compliant and efficient way. This is a new role within a new department and will require the creation of all production operating procedures, batch records, training protocols and a variety of other associated documentation, as would be expected within a regulated environment.
- Ensure all production activities are performed and documented in a controlled manner, in compliance with company policies and regulatory requirements.
- Develop and execute production standard operating procedures, batch records and specifications.
- Review of all production batch records, process trends and all documentation related to the processing area.
- Co-ordinate and prioritize the activities and resources of the department.
- Planning and organizing of production schedules to meet with order demands as well as being flexible/agile to changes that arise.
- Ensure all personnel within the department are trained and competent to fulfil the requirements of their roles.
- Have a hands-on approach to the role, especially in the early stages and in times of greater demand/need.
- Provide technical support/know-how to the department and wider business, with day-to-day troubleshooting of process issues.
- Prepare technical reports and related documentation on processing activities to a high standard to support production and other site wide objectives.
- Support and manage changes within this department in a controlled and organized way.
- Maintain equipment calibration schedules, records and calibrated status.
- Maintain Environmental, Health and Safety compliance in the manufacturing area.
- Work closely and communicate regularly with other site stakeholders.
- Ensure that all duties are performed in accordance with GMP, where applicable and in keeping with company policies and procedures, including EHS polices.
- Any other duties role may involve.
- Science or Engineering degree
- Experience in a production management role within a food, chemicals, pharmaceutical or allied manufacturing environment
- Significant experience in managing process operations
- Proven track record in the management of staff
- Ability to communicate to all levels of the organization
- Strong ability in technical writing and report reviews
- Resourceful, self-motivated with a can-do attitude
- Adaptable to changing priorities
- Knowledge of working in a GMP environment.
- Knowledge of food regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical regulatory requirements.
- Experience in powder handling operations
- Experience of health and safety regulations
- Capable of working in a team environment
The successful Production Manager will enjoy a competitive salary depending on experience plus bonus, healthcare and pension.
The Production Manager role will be based in Coleraine.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Ross McConville at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland