Location: County Tyrone
Hours of work: Mon - Thur 8-5 and Friday PM finish
Due to expansion and growth we are working together with our client who are seeking an experienced Production planner. The role will be reporting directly into the General manager and the successful candidate will have to undertake planning duties to achieve sales and gross profit margins in line with the company vision.
- Scheduling / planning the production of all products
- Work closely with sales to ensure the production floor is loaded to planned levels.
- Communicate the planned schedule to production and purchasing in good time to ensure proper allocation of resources.
- Continually strive to develop planning processes and increase use of advanced scheduling tools within the existing ERP system.
- Provide the central communication point for all enquires on production progress and delivery timing.
- Oversee the processing of orders when received, including master scheduling and confirmation of order lead time to customer.
- Lead the detailed materials & resource planning process to generate weekly & daily production plans.
- Act as the voice of the customer regarding product delivery at daily production meetings, ensure all participants are aware of the production plan.
- Lead regular sales and operations planning meetings to ensure mid term visibility of load versus capacity and instigate actions to close any gaps.
- Maintain weekly output & despatch records & communicate to relevant staff
- Monitor forecast accuracy of major customers and feedback to sales.
- Any other duties, within reason & capability, as agreed with management.
- Previous experience in a production planning / scheduling role
- Experience of working in a high volume role with a meticulous eye for detail.
- Experience in a customer facing role with proven ability to proactively deal with and resolve any customer queries
- Experienced in both master scheduling and detailed production planning in a multi work centre environment.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office and previous MRP/ERP experience.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.