Production shift manager
Hours of work: 15:00 - 23:15 Mon-Fri
Grafton are delighted to be working with a superb manufacturing company, who are seeking due to growth, to add an additional evening Shift Manager to the team. With overall responsibility for the planning, coordination and control of manufacturing processes and responsible for managing a team of Operations Supervisors.
- Planning and scheduling all production activities and managing the production process.
- Ensuring the effective management of all production lines.
- Ensuring that products are produced on time, at the right quantity and are of acceptable quality.
- Monitoring the production practices and setting the production schedules as required.
- Monitoring product standards and implementing necessary quality control programmes.
- Estimating production costs and working out the human and material costs required to support them.
- Managing the performance of Operation Supervisors and their staff.
- Ensuring that health and safety guidelines are followed.
- Provide strong leadership thereby fostering and sustaining co-operation and team spirit.
- Undertaking any other reasonable duties/projects which may be required from time to time.
- Minimum of 3 years' recent production management experience within a high volume, quick response, customer-driven industry
- Experience in a production and/or manufacturing environment
- Experience in handling employee relations issues
- Experience of setting and monitoring performance targets/KPIs
- Knowledge of ISO 9001
- Effective report writing skill
- understanding of employment, health, safety, welfare and environmental requirements and implications
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Glenda at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement & Medical/Healthcare.