Grafton Recruitment currently has a vacancy for a programme executive in Dublin 2. The role is a 1 year fixed-term contract.
The role of the Programme Executive is providing a range of engineering support necessary to the Programme manager in the full project lifecycle form project application, through evaluation, grant offer, grant management support, milestone delivery, inspection and payment.
A considerable aspect of the role will be operational, interacting with the Legal and Contracts team, Inspections unit and liaising with the project applicant. It expected also that the role may have some overlapping elements with some of the other programmes within the development department.
A high proficiency in operational processes, managing third party input, communicating engineering and technical concepts in an accurate and concise way, evaluating project proposals and the ability to develop and maintain stakeholder networks are required to be successful in this role.
The successful candidate will be joining an enthusiastic team committed to successfully developing and delivering the schemes focused on energy efficiency, renewable heat and energy supplier obligation.
The role is based in Dublin 2 but will require occasional travel around Ireland and may require infrequent international travel.
- Provide technical and operational support to the Programme Manager and Head of Development;
- Specific focus on project evaluation, progressing grant applications; from evaluation to grant offer to final payment;
- Capacity building, management and communication within the supply-chains;
- Development and management of resources to promote programme including web content, webinars, case study, guidelines;
- Communication and mentoring of interested parties, stakeholders or participants;
- Evaluating project proposals, providing grant support recommendations; assessment of eligibility, counterfactual investment, technical merit, M&V evaluation and outcomes at project and programme levels;
- Preparation of reports relating to programme uptake, performance and trend analysis;
- Developing and improving communications including website development, social media engagement and responses to programme inquiries;
- Keeping up to date with energy efficiency and renewable heat developments, publications from the relevant national and international research organisations, and communicating key topics arising to relevant stakeholders;
- Initiating and maintaining relationships with stakeholder organisations;
- Focusing on seeking ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness as well as ensuring transparency and simplicity for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Any other ad-hoc duties that may be assigned by the Programme Manager or Head of Development.
Key Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of operating wider energy programmes; ability to place goals for Programme in context of broader policy goals for the energy sector at EU and national level;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including report writing, presenting, public speaking, including ability to communicate technical information (written and oral) to non-technical audiences;
- Project management/organisation of concurrently running work and competing demands, flexibility to deliver short-term and long-term goals;
- Strong proactive approach to setting and achieving results, including managing scope, time, cost and quality;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Analysis and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively with the development team, third party experts and stakeholders;
- A capacity to foster a positive working relationship with colleagues and external stakeholders;
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams and to network effectively;
- Well-developed IT skills;
- Ability to work on own initiative and to deadlines/milestones;
- Awareness of key challenges for successful energy policy;
- A good understanding of energy efficiency and renewable energy opportunity in industry, commercial, environment;
- 3rd level qualification, i.e., Degree and/or equivalent qualification in a relevant technical or operational field in Engineering or Science;
- Five years' experience of working in this or a related area (can include post-graduate studies);
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to non-technical audiences;
- Advanced MS Excel skills;
- Strong Project Management and Organisation Skills.
- Appreciation of technology evolution, which could bring transformational disruption to the industry;
- A qualification in Project Management;
- Previous experience in the delivery of customer facing projects and a detailed knowledge of the barriers and issues facing project delivery;
- Experience of design, installation and or maintenance of heat supply technologies.
- Hours of work: 37 Hours per week Monday to Friday
- Excellent Salary on Offer €42,306
- 29 Days Annual Leave
- An opportunity to work with a progressive and innovative company.