Duration: The role is initially for 6months with the possibility of extension.
Hours: 21 hours per week (inc 1 hour paid lunch per day). The working pattern will be Wednesday, Thursday & Friday one week, and Thursday and Friday the following week. (a total of 5 working days over each 2 week period)
Holiday Entitlement: Full time staff receive 25 days annual leave per annum and 12 Public Holidays (so this will be pro rata as the role is part time)
Hourly Rate: £13.75 per hour
The Programme Officer will research and manage the information assets of the Body through the provision of high quality, timely verbal and written reports and responses.
* Management of all information and research tasks for the Chief Executive and Directorate.
* Co-ordination and preparation of responses to all PQs and AQs, Departmental and Ministerial briefing requests.
* Manage all Freedom of Information requests.
* Implement the Body's records management policy and monitor compliance across all Directorates.
* Ensure the Body fulfils its duties with regards to the promotion of Equality and Good Relations.
* Manage the complaints procedures in consultation with Managing Authority.
* Act as Data Protection Officer.
* Production of Corporate Plan and Business Plan.
* Ensure the accessibility of information services and adherence to legislative requirements.
* Assist the Communications Manager in the completion of administrative tasks
* Any other duties role may involve.
* 5 GCSEs grades A-C (including English Language and Maths) or equivalent or Leaving Certificate (Standard/Ordinary level) - 5 grades A-C (including English Language and Maths) or equivalent.
* Experience gained in an information / research or communications related role.
* Experience which has involved the gathering of significant amounts of information and producing a wide range of reports and briefings.
* Experience/study which has involved research.
* Experience of developing relationships with a wide range of people.
* Good technical skills with experience in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Excellent administrative and organisational skills.
* Excellent communication and team working skills.
* Experience of working in a dynamic and fast moving environment.
* Access to transport and willingness to travel to meet the needs of the post.
* A third-level qualification in an information / research / business, or communications related discipline.
* Writing and editorial skills.
* Experience of delivering research and information projects in a variety of formats (such as written, oral, PowerPoint)
* Experience of managing Freedom of Information requests
* Experience of handling complaints
* Experience of managing projects from initiation to completion.