Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
1. Plan, co-ordinate, monitor and report on allocated projects including new product development, continuous improvement and overall site projects in accordance with agreed procedures, management instruction, quality, cost and delivery targets.
2. Determine project responsibilities and phases, assigning appropriate personnel and other resources to achieve optimal and cost-effective results.
3. Determine project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements and sequencing project elements.
4. Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, resolving problems and recommending adjustments where necessary to take into account deviations which could effect on time project delivery.
5. Control and review capital spend on projects including reviewing bids from contractors, administering contracts and approving expenditures within agreed internal procedures, ensuring there is a robust reporting system in place.
6. Prepare project status reports by collecting, analysing and summarising information and trends recommending actions where necessary.
7. Compile new product project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements and performance standards and complete technical studies while preparing cost estimates.
8. Constantly challenge and develop the manufacturing process and its capabilities to meet current and future business requirements to include designing and conducting tests to confirm product performance.
9. Provide support to site operations, actively communicating, collaborating and supporting colleagues both on site and throughout the business to exchange best practice, creating and developing opportunities.
10. Cooperate and communicate effectively with project development participants and ensure systems and clear accountabilities are in place for all projects
11. Develop and engage the Operations teams in the use of Continuous Improvement tools and techniques to provide internal expertise and coach others through the CI process.
12. Maintain a clean and safe working environment ensuring the safety, legality and quality of products and adhere to Company rules, policies and procedures.
13. Any other duties and tasks deemed to be within competence and within reason