Applications are invited for the above 11 month agency contract role in the Programme Delivery team, based in Dublin.
My client is at the forefront of innovation in the energy industry, enabling the transition towards a low-carbon, technology-enabled smart future. The group plays a critical role through the development and safe operation of the electricity transmission grid in Ireland and in Northern Ireland (through its ownership of SONI i.e. the System Operator for Northern Ireland). The transmission grid brings power from where it is generated to where it is needed, supplying large industrial customers and the distribution networks, which in turn supply homes, farms and businesses across the island. The group also operates the wholesale Single Electricity Market (SEM) and the East West Interconnector, a high voltage link between Ireland and Great Britain.
The Grid Development & Interconnection Directorate (GDI) within my client's company is responsible for the translation of identified system reinforcements, refurbishments and connections from conceptual stage through planning consenting into the design stage. The Programme Delivery team is responsible, among other things, for Programme Management, Governance and Reporting including programme management and tracking, financial management, development of a Multi-Year Delivery Programme, coordination and change control of project and programme information, and Joint Programme Management initiatives with ESB Networks through a joint PMO.
The successful applicant will lead strategic change related projects of significant importance to my client including; enhancement of capital expenditure reporting, identification and implementation of process improvements in the grid development life cycle including management and reporting; and development of a proposal for a new project and programme reporting system. The applicant will also undertake a range of other programme-related work, including the preparation of strategies and reports for the business.
The role may involve some travelling to other locations, primarily within Dublin.
- Ensure that the GDI PR5 project programme is managed, updated and reflective of the current project status, milestones and dependencies.
* Perform engineering and secondary financial analysis of the programme of projects, developed by subject matter experts, as part of the PR5 project development.
* Ensure that technical and other queries raised during the PR5 project are dealt with in accordance with project principles, TSO standards and policies and are closed out efficiently.
* Validate and interpret large PR5 programme data sets using Microsoft Excel to identify trends, perform analysis and summarise programme requirements per project category.
* Create, input data and tables and review reports to outline and detail the PR5 project requirements in preparation for final submission to CRU in Q3 2019 and deal with follow up queries on the data submitted to CRU into Q2 2020.
* Complete project status reporting for the directorate reflecting the status of programme deliverables, risks and issues.
* Attend departmental, cross-functional and inter-company project meetings for the PR5 project, as required.
* Prepare presentations as an input for management and staff workshops, briefing sessions and project meetings.
* Facilitate and input into PR5 project reviews, assessments and auditing by internal and external parties as required.
Knowledge / Skills / Experience
- Third level degree with a minimum 4-5 years experience in the delivery of complex programmes and projects.
* Electricity, utility or large infrastructure project delivery background preferred.
* Proven ability to manage projects, track and monitor key tasks and to take responsibility for own deliverables.
* Advanced communication and presentation skills with ability to communicate technical and financial issues clearly and effectively.
* Excellent interpersonal skills along with a proven ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and on own initiative.
* Commercial awareness with the ability to make recommendations in all aspects of a programme management environment, as an input to the project.
* Excellent communication experience particularly in relation to dealing with third parties.
* Self-motivation, enthusiasm and ability to understand and influence, where necessary, stakeholder requirements.
* Strong analytical and problem solving ability.
* High level of computer literacy and a strong numeric ability, in particular, using Microsoft Project and Excel.
* Full driver's license.
Why choose Grafton?
We just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.