Grafton Built Environment are exclusively working with a construction management and delivery company who work across interior design, refurbishment, fit-out, and construction projects of various scales all over the UK and Ireland.
Our client are now looking to hire a Project Manager on a permanent basis to work on a large commercial fit-out project in Belfast for the next 12-18 months, with many other projects based in Northern Ireland in the framework pipeline. Project values range from £1 million to multi-million pound contracts. Flexibility required for some travel to Dublin from time to time for team meetings.
As Project Manager, the successful applicant will manage on site operations to ensure a smooth running project in response to time-frame and budget to deliver a high quality end result and implemented within the required Health, Safety, Quality, and Environmental parameters.
- To work autonomously and together with the Commercial Manager, making management decisions pertaining to project issues when required.
- Demonstrate strong commercial awareness and cost control ability with a proven track record in fit-out planning.
- Technically proficient with the ability to set and track project milestones and deliverables.
- Strong client facing and liaison skills to represent the company and the specific project professionally, and to resolve issues or concerns in conjunction effectively.
- Instruct, coach and direct the project staff on construction methods, technical ability, contractual, and regulatory requirements.
- Responsibility for the delivery of the job on time, within specification and on budget
- Ensure all personnel on site conduct their duties to the highest standards.
- Manage day to day operations.
- Demonstrate continuous efforts to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality service.
- Build, grow and develop business relationships for the success of the project
What you will bring to the role:
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject with a minimum of 5 years' experience in project management within the construction and fit-out sector.
- Strong commercial awareness and the ability to deal with financial and programme planning elements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong site based knowledge and expertise on a broad range of projects in the construction and fit-out sector, whilst understanding regulatory requirements.
- Proven track record involving planning and co-ordination of sub-contractors / supply chain, coupled with good people management skills.
- Superior oral and written communication and interpersonal and negotiation skills required.
- Proficiency of computer and database applications such as Microsoft Office.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join this company as they continue to expand across the UK and Ireland, to be one of the first members of staff on their Senior Management team in Northern Ireland. Exciting projects with many more in the pipeline!
Attractive negotiable salary, dependant on level of experience.
How to apply:
Please click on the link and upload your up to date CV or feel free to contact Kathryn Bennett at Grafton Specialist Recruitment for the Built Environment on 028 90 323 333 for more information or to express interest in the role.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.