Our client in the Ballymena area are looking to recruit a full time temporary Project Officer to join their team.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Assist the Investment and Funding Delivery Manager with the co-ordination and implementation of National, EU and other investment funds Strategy.
Offer advice support and assistance on potential National, EU and other investment funds projects across Mid and East Antrim area.
Provide significant developmental and technical support to applicants to assist with generating project ideas and preparing applications for funding.
Ensure an open and transparent process is applied with efficient processing of applications, preparation of letters of offer with specific targets/outputs/outcomes for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Investment and Funding Delivery Manager with the scoping, development and implementation of National, EU and other investment funds.
- Prepare terms of reference for programmes for approval.
- Provide advice, guidance and support for potential applicants.
- Offer outreach support services on a regular basis within the Mid and East Antrim area to proactively encourage participation and interest in National, EU and other investment funds and other relevant programmes.
- Attend organised events throughout the Council area, Mid and East Antrim area, Northern Ireland, nationally and trans-nationally offering support and guidance to interested parties.
- Prepare documentation for assessment panel meetings including project summaries, assessment matrixes, and financial information.
- Organise the completion of Economic Appraisals/Business Plans as appropriate.
- Responsible for preparation of Letters of Offer to projects and liaising closely with the Claims & Monitoring Officers to ensure targets are set to assist with monitoring and evaluation process.
- Manage a portfolio of diverse projects with the ability to offer ongoing support and assistance through project implementation.
- Assist the Claims & Monitoring Officers with the organisation of site visits to capture monitoring and evaluation information.
- Ensure adequate and appropriate record keeping and that relevant databases are updated on a regular basis.
- Prepare reports as requested by the Council, Working Groups and Sub-committees and attend meetings as and when required.
- Provide information to assist in the development of newsletters and annual reports.
- Assist the Investment and Funding Delivery Manager in developing and utilising an extensive network of key stakeholders in the Mid and East Antrim area, Northern Ireland, nationally and transnationally with regard to organising and developing study visits, exchanges and information sharing.
- Develop promotional material and events in the Mid and East Antrim area.
- Attend public, community and other group meetings as required giving advice and support and promote awareness of regional programmes and opportunities.
Have a minimum of a third level qualification in Rural Development, EU studies, Economic, Planning, Community Development, Finance or closely related discipline
Be able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples; a minimum of two years' experience (4 years if you do not have the academic requirement in Criteria 1) of Project Development work
Be able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples; a minimum of one year's experience (2 years if you do not have the academic requirement in Criteria 1) of Grant Management and Assessment
A full current driving licence valid in the UK and access to a vehicle OR have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post. (Applies only to applicants who have a disability under the Disability Discrimination Act).