Grafton Recruitment are delighted to be assisting our client, a community-based Housing Association in Portadown in the recruitment of a Property Services Officer on a permanent basis.
We are looking for a positive and innovative Property Services Officer to join our enthusiastic Team. To be successful, you will need to have comprehensive knowledge and experience of delivering a quality, customer focused maintenance service in a demanding service environment.
We would also be very keen to speak to recent graduates who are looking to take their first step into their career as full training will be provided.
- To receive maintenance requests from tenants, staff, and joint management partners, and issue appropriate works orders to appointed contractors
- To carry out change of tenancy inspections, issue necessary works and ensure works are completed in line with The Association's Policies and Procedures
- To prepare written reports as necessary including risk assessments, audits and surveys, making recommendations and innovative solutions
- To gather and prepare information on the Association's Property asset base
- To advise and support the Head of Property Services & Procurement in the management of property services, maintenance, grounds maintenance and other estate services
- To organise service contracts for all specialist equipment and other appropriate services
- To assist in the drafting and review of Property Services policies and procedures
- To carry out regular inspections of The Association's property
- To liaise with Occupational Therapists to ensure Disabled Adaptation works are carried out within set timescales
- To undertake feasibility studies and prepare specifications, drawings, bills of quantities and schedule of rates to enable the invitation of tenders and quotations
- To receive tenders and quotations, evaluate prices, check documents and prepare agreements and contracts
- To co-ordinate and supervise handovers of refurbished properties and new development dwellings taking receipt of all completion and Health & Safety documentation
- To represent the Association on site during refurbishment and new build works including attending meetings, approving samples of finishes (in conjunction with Development Department) and meeting/debriefing tenants before handovers
- To ensure that emergency and urgent maintenance is completed quickly during defects liability period and that all outstanding defects are rectified in conjunction with development staff by the end of that period
- To carry out site visits and technical inspections on potential and approved Existing Satisfactory Purchases and/or Refurbishment projects
- To liaise with architects/surveyors and other consultants on each project
- To identify and control budgets of the agreed planned and responsive maintenance programme
- To process invoices within delegated limits and contractual time frames
- To liaise with the Finance department to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices
- To identify and prepare insurance claims in respect of insured risks to Property
- To establish, co-ordinate, manage and operate an effective, efficient and economic planned and response maintenance service in accordance with the Association's policies, procedures and budgets
- To negotiate, tender and obtain quotations to ensure transparency and value
- To provide line management, as required, to the Administrative Assistants record progress and development reviews ensuring that their work is carried out to a suitable standard and undertake and
- To advise and assist managers in any investigation regarding staff or contractors
- To carry out any other duties as may, from time to time, be required
- To report, monitor and feedback the performance of all maintenance contractors to ensure KPIs are achieved
- Attendance at conferences, seminars, courses, exhibitions, scheme events and evening meetings as required
- A Degree in professional property/building services or equivalent qualification and a minimum of 2 years relevant experience gained in the last 5 years of delivering response, planned and cyclical maintenance programmes; OR
- HND/HNC Property related qualification or equivalent (or working towards this) and a minimum of three years relevant experience in the last 5 years of delivering response, planned and cyclical maintenance programmes.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of building construction; estate management and Building; and Health and Safety Legislation.
- Outline proficiency in the use of MS Office suite in particular Word and Excel and other computer applications related to property management.
- Demonstrate significant experience in residential landlord & tenant regulation.
- Ability to successfully negotiate with clients and contractors
Knowledge & Skills
- A working knowledge of maintenance budgeting and cyclical maintenance programmes.
- Strong Project Management skills and proven track record of delivery.
- Success of managing contractors, consultants, suppliers and budgets.
- Knowledge and experience of IT systems
- Effective organisational skills, planning and prioritising
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently and in a timely manner
In return you will receive a fantastic salary and benefits package including;
Salary Scale: £23800+ ( salary dependent on experience )
Hours of Work: 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Leave Entitlement: 21 days per annum
Pensions: contributory pension scheme
Private Medical Insurance : Private Medical insurance
Flexible working : flexi time scheme
For further information please contact Graham on 02890242824 or submit your CV via the link.