Our Client, a Large Public Sector Organisation based in Coleraine require a Public Relations Officer.
Role : Public Relations Officer
Location : Coleraine
Hours of work : Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £10.20p/hr 13 weeks + £12.85p/hr
Main Duties :
- To support the Public Relations Manager with the implementation of the Public Relations/Communications Plan for Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council.
- Provide administrative support to the Council Press Office.
- Act as the first point of contact for media and Public Relations enquiries, to inform the relative department lead, sourcing relevant information and drafting the responses within the specified timeframe.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with personnel from the media to maximise a positive of Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council.
- Draft public notices, advertisements and press releases within designated timeframes and provide general business support to the Press Office.
- Provide advice and assistance to staff in relation to production of literature and press releases, in accordance with PR/Communications Protocols.
- Distribute press releases and relevant photos within required timescales through the Council's media monitoring service.
- Produce and design, templates and other relevant literature for engagement initiatives, marketing and communications activity, promotional material, staff and citizen newsletters, stakeholder e-newsletters and website. Liaise and co-ordinate this work with relevant third parties.
- Be responsible for regular updating Council's corporate website with press releases following their distribution as well as updating Council's social media sites when required.
- Arrange appointments, prepare for meetings to include room booking/catering, preparing agenda/documentation, taking minutes, auctioning correspondence.
Full Job Description available on request.
Essential Criteria :
- A third level qualification in a relevant discipline, i.e. Communications, Journalism, English and a minimum of 1 years experience working in the field of Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or Media.
- consideration will be given to candidates who do not possess the required educational qualifications but who can demonstrate 2 years relevant experience in the field of Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or Media
- Knowledge in the design and preparation of public relations or media plans.
- Knowledge of copywriting and preparing press releases.
- A clear understanding of the workings of local government and the wider environment in which it operates.
- Computer literacy - ability to use a wide variety of computer programmes, eg word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint.
- A current full driving licence valid in the UK and access to a car or *have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post.
*Applies only to applicants who have a disability under the Disability Discrimination Act.
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please apply via the link.