To provide support to the Finance Departments to ensure customer service levels are maintained.
- Full maintenance of Purchase Ledger to include matching & coding all invoices
- Posting invoices to Navision ledger
- Ensuring invoices are approved for payment following company procedure and released on system in a timely manner
- Issuing PO numbers in Management Accountant's absence
- Supplier Statement Reconciliation
- Run and maintain the aged payables listing for review on a weekly basis with the Management Accountant
- Investigating & handling all accounts payable queries to include managing and responding to all emails in the accounts payable inbox
- Ensuring the creditors ledger is closed down by Wednesday following the period end
- Assisting with month end preparations to include GRNI and overhead accrual
- Send remittances to all suppliers following payment run
- Ensuring that company policies and procedures for the department are maintained at all times
- Adhoc administration and clerical duties as required by Management Accountant
The role holder must consistently adopt a professional and confident approach to their work and when dealing with internal and external customers. They must be self-motivated and be an excellent communicator at all levels of the business.
They must be a team player who demonstrates a high level of commitment, adopts a flexible, positive and proactive approach, and able to demonstrate tenacity, and assume accountability for their work.
The role holder must have the ability to work unsupervised with good time management skills in order to meet tight deadlines, have the confidence to challenge information and ensure attention to detail at all times in a fast paced, pressurised and challenging environment.
- 2 years experience working in a Purchase Ledger Clerk/AP role
- Strong IT Skills, particular, MS Excel
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Planning and organising skills
- 5 GCSE Grade C or above to include English and Maths (or equivalent)