Purchaser / Planning Assistant
My client based in Dublin South have an exciting opportunity for a Purchaser/Planning assistant with fantasic working hours
Monday to Thursday 8.30 -5.0pm and Friday 8.30 to 3.30.
Reporting to the Print Manager, the successful candidate will work closely with the customer service and production teams. The position involves managing the Purchasing function and assisting in the planning role
The successful candidate will be responsible for the procurement of all consumables and assisting in the planning function, Stock Control, H&S
The role will also encompass:
- Assisting in all planning aspects to support the customer's short- and long-term requirements, whilst maximising internal production deficiencies.
- Assisting in the planning function, stock Control, assisting in the finishing Dept and working with the Finishing Manager to cover Holidays
- Cost savings in the Purchasing Function and processing Claims back to suppliers
- Liaising with all key departments to manager all stock within the Business
- Attending production meetings and any ad hoc meetings as required and give detailed analysis to various departments.
- Ordering of Raw Material and tooling for production jobs and hitting month end targets for stock levels.
- Detailed analysis of Aged Raw Material in the Warehouse with the aim of reducing the stock to required levels.
- Developing a continuous improvement culture and managing specific improvement projects aimed at strengthening and maintaining our overall service to all customers
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
The successful candidate must possess:
- Previous production planning experience.
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional organisational skills and a high degree of data accuracy.
- Problem solving skills and good decision making will also be required.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to work using own initiative as well as part of a team
- Computer literate - with good working knowledge of MS Excel
- A good level of mathematical and English qualifications
- Previous experience of working within a print manufacturing environment.