Reporting to the Supply Chain Lead, the Purchasing Assistant will be responsible for maintaining purchasing systems and KPIs, managing routine purchasing processes, communicating with suppliers and expediting purchase orders. The Purchasing Assistant will play a key role in administration and communication within the Purchasing Team, and with other departments.
This is a 6 month Contract with a salary of £19000-24000 pro rata, depending on experience.
Hours of work 37 hours a week
8.00 a.m. - 4.30 p.m. Monday to Thursday
8.00 a.m. - 1.00 p.m. Friday
25 days holidays and 8 statutory holidays accrued during first year's service (Pro-rata) - which can be taken in hours
Defined contributions pension scheme, starting at 3% employee and 7% company contribution
Life Assurance Policy, from day 1
Family friendly working policies
Essential Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- High Standard of Education with a minimum of 5 GCSEs grade C or above to include English & Maths
- Minimum 1 year's experience within Purchasing, materials management or other relevant experience dealing with suppliers and/or strong experience in use of business systems and processes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- PC Skills - MS Office
- Experience using MRP systems
Job specific competencies
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Use own initiative
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Good organisation skills
Desirable skills, experience, competence
- 2nd Level Education of a Diploma or NVQ in a relevant subject
- Experience in aerospace or other precision engineering environment
- Experience in a lean manufacturing company
- Displays enthusiasm for the work
- Adapts quickly to new situations
Job specific circumstances
- Access to transport to and from work, based in Crumlin
- Maintenance of data in purchasing systems and generation of reports and KPIs.
- Processing information related to new and existing suppliers, ensuring records are maintained.
- Handling routine daily/weekly/monthly communication with assigned suppliers.
- Assisting with invoicing queries, price corrections and updates.
- Expediting deliveries from suppliers.
- Responding to requests for information from management, other departments and other Purchasing Team members and acting as a key point of contact for value streams.
- Other tasks deemed reasonable by the Supply Chain Manager/Supply Chain Lead.
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging, we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent, contract and temporary job solutions to a variety of clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.