Our client in the Ballymena area are looking to recruit a full time temporary Purchasing Office to join their team.
Job Purpose: To be responsible for the operation of the Accounts payable function
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Finance Team Responsibilities:
- To act as a member of the Finance Team.
- To promote the vision, mission and core values.
- To develop collaboration and promote co-operation with managers and staff in all financial matters within college.
- To assist the Procurement and Contracts Manager in developing, implementing and regularly reviewing the appropriate financial procedures in support of the agreed strategic direction.
- To promote effective communication within the Finance Team.
- Assist the Procurement & Contracts Manager with the implementation and review of the purchasing procedures, and the subsequent upkeep of the purchasing section within financial procedures manual.
- Provide advice on purchasing related issues to all sections
- Provide advice to all staff on tendering processes.
- Keep up to date with DfE guidance on purchasing and all other changes in procurement legislation
- Financial duties:
- Operation of the purchasing module in accordance with policies and procedures
- Generation and review of purchase orders, ensuring that the quotation limits have been adhered to
- Identification of items for capitalisation and communication to the Accountant
- Responsibility for ensuring all goods received notes are received into finance on a timely basis
- Processing of all goods received entries onto the accounting system
- Identification and investigation of old purchase orders and taking appropriate action
- Liaison with Accounts Payable Officer with respect to purchase order invoices
- Responsibility for the creation of new supplier accounts on the accounting system
- Responsibility for the provision of training and support for requisitioners
- Liaison with suppliers, budget holders, staff and auditors on purchase order related information and follow up queries.
- Responsibility for all credit card purchases
- To undertake other appropriate duties as required by the Procurement and Contracts Manager.
- Undertake on-going continuous professional development to ensure a quality service.
- To contribute to the quality systems and teams as required.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria and desirable criteria by the closing date for applications but are only required to demonstrate how they meet the eligibility criteria on the application form.
- Applicants must have a minimum of 5 GCSE's grades C or above to include English & Mathematics (or equivalent)
- Applicants must have a minimum of 6 months experience working in a Finance environment.
- Applicants must have experience working with a computer-based accounting system
- Applicants must have experience working with purchasing/procurement
- Proven track record of participating in a successful team
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed targets
- Proven ability to input data, analyse information, agree solutions and communicate these effectively