Grafton Procurement and Supply, Belfast are delighted to have partnered with a global professional firm that operates in the financial, energy and commodities markets. My client have invested heavily in Belfast operations and are now seeking to appoint a Procurement Team Lead to head up the operational Procurement team.
Reporting to the The Procurement Team Lead you will initially be responsible for the migration of services from the firms global offices into the newly established Belfast Office. The Procurement Team lead will lead and manage a team of operational procurement staff who will essentially complete the knowledge transfer ad service migration. You will be responsible for the management of business as usual activities for the team linked to the Requisition to Pay Process globally. You will also provide specialised support and work to deliver a centre of excellence on responsible procurement, particularly on labour, human rights, ethical practices and environmental compliance in a global and local context.
Procurement - Supplier on boarding, purchase requests, renewals and receipting
- Establish and manage procurement operations metrics.
- Manage operational transition activities
- Support an manage procurement operations policies and procedures
- Ensure all renewals are effectively managed by the procurement operations team
- Be able to communicate to both internal stakeholders - accounts payable, finance and purchase requests
- Deliver reporting a daily, weekly and monthly basis on all procurement operations activities
- Ensure the team act as custodians of the procurement policy and best practice including no PO, no pay principles
- Identify opportunities to improve systems towards target state and prioritisation to positively influence successful outcomes.
Communication and Leadership
- Participate in renewals and seek opportunities to drive best practice in the business by ensuring appropriate purchase order is raised
- Deliver effective updates to key business stakeholders throughout the procurement process
Change, Risk and Issue Management
- Ensure mandatory training is completed by procurement operations team
- Ensure Supplier on boarding is managed in line with business and financial risk guidelines
- Identify tools and methodologies to improve the effectiveness of the procurement process
The successful Procurement Team Lead will join a renowned, engaging business who provide innovative products and services that enhance investment and contribute to economic growth. They are known in the market for their Honesty, Integrity, and Excellence. You will join a business culture where employees and stakeholders respect clients and each other, without bias. As Procurement Team Lead you will be expected to uphold the values and principles of our cultural framework in performance of their job duties.
Highly competitive remuneration and benefits package available to include market leading base salary, bonus structure, pension, private health care, life assurance and more. Hours are 37.5 per week, Monday to Friday.
In order to be successful, you should be educated to degree level and have significant experience in a supply chain or procurement environment in a team lead or manager role. You should have demonstrable experience in supplier negotiation, change management and delivering successful outcomes. Strong experience in coaching and mentoring teams and individuals on best practice is essential. In addition, your CV should demonstrate:
- Oracle or equivalent ERP system experience
- Experience of a contracts management tools
- Experience of processing medium to high volume purchase orders
- Technical knowledge and experience of bench marking of suppliers, supplier on boarding and dealing with high value tenders
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, in particular Excel
- Experience of e-procurement tools and processes
Preference will be given to candidates who, in addition to above, hold
- Financial sector experience
- Demonstrable experience in introducing new procurement systems - EBS, tendering solutions, supplier on boarding tools
- Experience of procurement in a facilities, complex IT hardware /software or services environment
- Working knowledge of multiple spend categories
- CIPS qualified or working towards it
Interested candidates are meeting the criteria should forward an updated CV without delay via this advertisement. If you would like to discuss this Buyer job in more detail please contact me, Kelly Jennings, Specialist Procurement and Supply Chain recruiter at Grafton. Your CV should clearly demonstrate your most relevant experience as per the criteria above.
If this Procurement Team Lead job is not quite what you are looking for, but you are interested in other procurement or supply chain roles I would be delighted to hear from you - I am registering new jobs every day.
Only candidate's whose CV is meeting the minimum criteria on this advert will be accepted.