QA Technologist | Newtownards | Temporary ongoing (competitive hourly rate)
Grafton Recruitment is currently working in partnership with a global leader in the manufacturing of dairy products to recruit for a QA Technologist on a temporary ongoing basis at their site in Newtownards.
Providing a technical service for assessing the quality of manufactured products and to support departmental and factory-wide procedures or targets aimed at improving overall manufacturing standards.
- Carrying out chemical and organoleptic assessment of manufactured UHT products and taking appropriate action when necessary.
- Provide flexible, significant shift relief cover as required to include night shift, holidays and absence.
- When required, to carry out chemical and organoleptic testing of powder products.
- Assess the sterility of UHT products by ATP bioluminescence assay and ensuring that conforming finished products are released on time & in full. To assess the quality of incubated UHT products after 7 days and update the Quality Records accordingly.
- Promptly communicate quality issues to relevant personnel and carry out quality investigations into the root cause and scale of non-conformances.
- Analytical Instruments - Daily maintenance and calibrations, validation of existing calibrations and verification of the accuracy of the instruments.
- On completion of all quality tests to ensure that non-conforming product is promptly isolated and details communicated to relevant personnel.
- Investigate customer complaints as directed by the Quality Team Leader
- When required, to collect and prepare samples of powder products for microbiological examination.
- Carry out factory housekeeping, Quality system, HACCP and/or Glass audits.
- Ensure that laboratory equipment is routinely cleaned and is maintained in a serviceable condition.
- Collect and test swabs and assess the cleanliness of processing plant and vessels.
- Determine the hydrogen peroxide concentration of samples provided by the manufacturing team and communicate results to the relevant personnel in a timely manner.
- In the absence of the QA Day Technologist- to carry out compositional analysis of incoming and out-going milk products. .
- Participation in the QA Laboratory proficiency programme. To test reference samples and submit test results on time.
- A minimum of HND / HNC Chemistry / Biology / Food Science or equivalent.
- Experience using Laboratory instrumentation equipment (Eg; colorimeter, spectrophotometer, pH meter).
- Proficient using Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Educated to Degree level
- Awareness of HACCP Level 3 Food Hygiene
- Experience of food analysis within dairy or food processing environment
For further information please contact Craig in Grafton on 02890242824 or submit your CV via the link.