Software Test Engineer
Location: Co. Antrim
Salary: Extremely Competitive
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit a Software test Engineer based in Antrim.
Reporting to the IT & Business Improvement Manager, the Software Test Engineer is responsible for the creation and development of new products and systems.
- Play a major role to improve quality, functionality, reliability and usability of products
- Participate in test planning
- Provide Software Test review comments on various software lifecycle documents
- Design, document and execute both manual and automated test scripts as appropriate for the analyser
- Understand analyser operating scenarios to enable complete system test coverage
- Identify and record software defects within a problem-tracking system
- Work in cross-platform environments - Unix/Linux and Windows
- Participate in status reviews which may be Agile based or Waterfall based
- Ensure system is tested to a high quality standard
The successful candidate will be an experienced IT professional, with extensive experience in Software engineering and Development.
- A higher-level qualification in a Computer related discipline OR be able to demonstrate the necessary industrial experience - Minimum 2 years
- Ability to demonstrate some expertise in software testing
- Good knowledge of software testing processes and testing methodologies: V-Model, Waterfall and Agile
- Excellent problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- Ability to work independently and in a structured way, using your initiative to remove 'blockers' to progress the work assigned to you
- Strong organisational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritise work in a logical manner
- Ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Willing to learn and explore new technologies
You will receive a fantastic package, the opportunity to work for a key player in the industry and the opportunity to develop your career in a supportive environment.
Contact Details & Deadline
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Jamie at firstname.lastname@example.org at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV OR call him on 02890323333
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland