Our client is a successful food manufacturing firm based in Strabane, Co Tyrone. They are looking to recruit an experienced Quality Assistant to maintain, control and improve technical and quality standards throughout the organisation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the development and implementation of quality systems, maintain aspects of the quality manual.
- Deal with customer complaints as necessary.
- Prepare for internal and external audits.
- Liaise with suppliers, internal departments
- Ensure all documentation is completed, accurate, updated and filed accordingly.
- Deal with supplier questionnaires and specifications.
- Ensure all relevant procedures are followed as detailed in the work instructions, HACCP and CCP's.
- Involved in quality bake checks
- Complete quality assurance checks and take corrective and preventative action as necessary.
- Liaise with internal departments regarding quality and hygiene standards
- Ensure all necessary process control records are completed accurately and filed as necessary.
- Oversee production quality trials.
- Behave in a responsible manner showing respect for company property and respect for other members of staff.
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
- Qualification in Food Technology / Science / Environmental Health (or equivalent)
- Experience of BRC and retailer standards. Beneficial knowledge of high -risk areas, dealing with chilled and frozen products
- Previous experience in a similar role
This is an excellent full time, permanent opportunity to join a prestigious manufacturing firm at a time when they are enjoying sustained market growth. To be part of this successful team, please contact Marc Doorish on 02871 267799 for more information or click on APPLY NOW to submit your CV.