- Liaise with Technical and Production Management daily to gain an understanding of the production schedule
- Inspect products and packaging to ensure they comply with customer specifications and Company requirements. Reject any products which do not comply
- Ensure that all staff comply with Company policies & procedures regarding hygiene practices and food safety e.g. hygiene/food safety practices
- Review and develop existing systems and procedures in line with legislative requirements and recognised standards
- Conduct inspections on incoming and outgoing goods
- Carry out in-house product testing
- Report on all aspects of product quality and process controls to the Technical & Production Management Team
- Regularly refresh and retrain staff on quality systems and procedures
- Assist with investigating and resolving any non-conformances / customer complaints
- Carry out routine on-line, start-up and other associated quality checks
- Complete and store all relevant QA paperwork ensuring it remains up to date
- Conduct internal audits and assist in preparation for external audits / customer visits
- Monitor equipment and machinery performance and report and follow up on any issues
- Assist with proofing artwork through; reviewing nutritional information, ensuring packaging is FIR compliant and carrying out shelf life and sensory trials
- Assist with additional projects as required
- Support other departments such as NPD, Marketing, Warehouse etc.
- Any other duties as required to fulfil Company needs
Ø HND / ND (or equivalent)
Ø Level 2 Food Safety for Manufacturing
Ø Degree (or equivalent) in relevant Food Technology/Nutrition discipline 2:1 or above
Ø Level 3 Food Safety for Manufacturing qualification
Ø HACCP Certificate
Ø Previous Technical/quality assurance experience gained within the Food or FMCG industry
Ø Experience with BRC or similar quality standard/accreditation
Ø Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
Ø Strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail.
Ø Excellent organisational and planning skills.
Ø Computer literate
Ø Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team.
Ø Flexible approach towards working hours.