- Inspects parts, assemblies and finished products to drawings and specifications.
- Follows general inspection guidelines to conduct critical non-routine visual, dimensional, mechanical and functional inspections on a wide variety of components, assemblies, equipment, systems, supplies and materials.
- Inspect and check aircraft components for airworthiness and correct manufacture
- Inspect purchased parts and materials for conformity to standards, specifications, and processing requirements.
- Conduct first article inspection of parts, assemblies, equipment and tooling.
- Maintain necessary inspection logs and write inspection reports.
- Submit recommendations to resolve recurring deficiencies found during inspections.
- Interpret inspection findings and determine adequacy of corrective actions.
- Provide training as required to address deficiencies identified during audits/inspections.
- Identify Continuous improvement opportunities and progress related actions
NOTE: - Though most of your work will be done at Thompson Aero Seating Factories within the Portadown area, there may be occasions where travel is required to temporary field locations with a possible amount of Travel Required worldwide for Position being 0%-25%
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, you will be expected to perform varying tasks as required by your line manager & the overall business objectives of the organisation.
- The applicant must have good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Possess strong computer skills to include developing documents in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Have experience using calibrated inspection measurement tools such as micrometers, calipers, etc.
- Must be proficient in the understanding of machining, CNC and CMM methods/processes.
- Must be capable of communicating quality and engineering criteria/issues to all levels of factory employees.
- Must be able to read and perform inspections using the assembly instructions and engineering drawings. This will require a basic understanding of reading and interpreting engineering drawings.
- Have awareness of how to conduct First Article Inspections.
- Able to read and interpret drawings, and service bulletins.
- Ability to set work independently, or as part of a team, with minimum of supervision.
- Willing to work additional hours as necessary, while adhering to strict regulatory specifications and guidance
- Possible two-shift pattern - early and late