Summary of the post
Responsible for conducting Quality Control functions on the Production Floor and carrying out all necessary off-line testing as required
- GCSE passes in English and Maths or equivalent
- Previous experience based within a similiar role/environment
- Good attention to detail
- Methodical approach with the ability to work of own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Willing to work various shift patterns
- Basic computer skills
- Good team worker
- Conducting final release checks on products in accordance with customer specified quality standards and completing necessary documentation.
- Preparing Certificate of Conformance for issue to customer with delivery or via e-mail as required.
- Identifying and reporting internal non-conformities to Quality Management for investigation.
- Assist in the management and inspection of customer returns or product that has been quarantined as a result of an internal or external complaint.
- Assist in the decision making of quality related issues at production floor level in conjunction with Process Managers or Team Leaders.
- Implement random process checks as necessary
- Inputting data relating to off-line testing onto system
- Incoming inspection of outworked product
- Communicating quality defects detected during inspection process to the relevant departments as appropriate
- Maintaining accurate records and ensuring an effective filing system for all data associated with the IMS system.
- Conduct audits/inspections in a timely manner and in accordance with ISO 9001, PS 9000, BRC and any other standard the company may attain.
- Assisting in the provision of any necessary training in relation to inspection, quality standards or the IMS system.
- Assisting in Quality Improvement Teams when required.
- Comply with all relevant company procedures relating to Quality, Hygiene, Pharmaceutical, Chain of Custody, Environmental and any other Standard that the Company may wish to introduce.
- Comply fully with Health & Safety regulations and procedures.
Continental shift rota
Week 1 - Monday to Thursday 7am to 3pm and Fri 7am to 11am
Week 2 - Thursday to Sat 7am to 7pm
Week 3 - Monday to Wednesday 7am to 7pm