Quality Technician Fabrications
Working for our client a high tech global engineering group based in Ballygawley The Quality Technician will be responsible for the continuous improvement of the Quality Management System. Furthermore, the Quality Technician will be responsible for providing manufacturing process support, this will be in accordance with documented procedures and practices to produce high quality products, which not only meet but exceed the customers' expectations.
Duties will include:
- Ensure a safe working environment abiding by all necessary Environmental Health and Safety requirements and legislation
- Zero Defects - Get It Right First Time
Support introduction, and maintenance of the In Process Verification, to promote, and encourage this throughout all areas related to assembly. Further support the implementation of any tools / documents that help monitor and report this Quality focus.
- Ensure relevant processes and documentation are maintained in adherence to our Quality standards for fabrication ISO5817 / ISO2553 and ISO8501 internally and externally; which focuses on weld symbols / weld imperfections and preparation of steel.
- Develop, maintain and support Quality Assurance processes carried out by our suppliers, through Quality Inspection Documentation, and their effectiveness in response to reports (RMA's); especially repeat part failures or repetitive workmanship related faults.
- Provide information to ensure reporting (RMA's) are accurate in regards to supplier or internal issues, where you are involved, and further provide continuous support to protect the takt time, and resolve issues rapidly.
- Support and participate in route cause / Corrective action analysis of defective parts, full containment, and problem solving within the unit (or cross functional) ensuring Sandvik are compensated where deemed fair and necessary.
- Drives and/or participates in projects related to quality.
- Supports the organisation with technical competence in specific area.
- A relevant diploma (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering or a time served technician
- Extensive experience in the use of fabrication equipment and measuring equipment.
- The ability to work flexibly to meet set deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel / Powerpoint & Word
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably fabrications
- Knowledge and understanding of quality processes
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrative experience with Microsoft applications, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and desirable Microsoft Access
Desirable Welding Certification or other machining equipment certification's