Grafton recruitment are looking for an experienced assistant QS or a recent graduate for this role, is this the opportunity you have been looking for ?
To take responsibility, ownership and accountability of the successful management and control all aspects of the commercial / financial and contractual elements of the NIHE Building Maintenance contract in order to control and maximise the company's profitability, protect the companies legal and contractual obligations under the contract and to manage proactively the control of all commercial issues. This is to include ensuring applications and valuations are completed in line with the contract terms and also ensuring sub-contractors receive prompt payment and are procured in line with our contractual obligations and Commitments to Subcontractors. In addition ensuring cost reports and the like are managed, completed on time and monitored.
- To be fully compliant with the M3NHF Schedule of Rates and the Client contract.
- To assist the Contract Manager with pre-start planning and programming
- Continual use of the subcontractor portal and Impact database
- Management and control of sub-contract accounts and variation accounts
- Assisting procurement and buying opportunities
- Assist in managing the day to day cost control, monitoring and reporting
- Develop an understanding of the designated contract, specification and pricing ensuring compliance with conditions throughout
- Assist the Contract Manager with subcontractor selection and ensure the chosen subcontractor has the appropriate skill set and capability to deliver the works. Place the appropriate order and all required information to carry out their work
- Liaise with the Contract Manager over contractual issues and take action as required
- Measure progress, submit valuations, submit final accounts and retention release and monitor receipt of payment in a timely manner in accordance with the contracts
- Process subcontractor requests for payment
- Manage and control accrued income levels through regular invoicing within agreed timescales
- Completing a monthly cost / valuation report and cash flow for the designated projects
- Where appropriate, assist with estimates and negotiations for future projects or phases
- Attend project and company related meetings
- Ensure the company is neither compromised nor disadvantaged by an contractual or financial arrangement
- Manage the costs on a project to ensure both the company and the client is fully advised of the cost situation
- Ensure timely cash flow management for the Client and the group, and the supply change
- Assisting the development and training of trainee and assistant surveyors
- Maintain and develop professional relationships with the Client, to help future business development
- Any other reasonable management request
Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent qualification
a minimum of 3 year's experience of working within a Quantity Surveying role
Skills and abilities
Excellent verbal communication skills
Excellent level of numeracy
Excellent influencing skills
IT skills - MS Office, Excel, Project, Word etc
Industry experience in the role of a Quantity Surveyor
- Excellent Time Management
- Ability to work under pressure
- Prepared to work within various geographical areas
- Self motivated
- Flexible & adaptable
- Good verbal and written communicator
- Ability to work both alone and as part of a team
For further information please contact Graham on 02890242824 or submit your CV via the link.
Why use Grafton
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.