Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Quantity Surveyor to start ASAP for a duration of 9-12 months.
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £10.00 per hour
13+ week's £15.87 per hour
Location: Belfast, BT1
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm)
- Chartered Quantity Surveyor with at least six years relevant post qualification experience.
- Be responsible for the provision of Quantity Surveying services associated with a wide range of minor works,
- refurbishment and new build construction projects on behalf of Departments, Agencies,NDPBs and the wider public sector. This may involve work associated with office accommodation, college/teaching facilities, historic buildings, museums, tourist facilities, workshops, laboratories, factories, storage facilities, amenity facilities, business/industrial units, sport facilities, site/park/estate roadways, harbour or other maritime developments, landscaping and regeneration schemes.
- Project management of projects;
- Preparation of costs estimates including appropriate risk allowance;
- Preparation of NEC3 contracts and their administration including call-offs from framework agreements;
- Participation in value management and value engineering exercises to review options on a Whole Life Costs basis;
- Preparation of detailed cost plans and cash flow programmes;
- Settlement of final accounts;
- Advising on grant funded projects;
- Preparation of monthly cost reports to clients;
- Tender analysis and preparation of reports;
- Leading value engineering reviews to improve buildability and reduce whole-life costs;
- Valuation of works including adjustment for Compensation Events; and
- Advising clients on any outstanding claims, counterclaims, liquidated damages or other contractual issues.
- Knowledge and Skills
- a wide range of professional and technical knowledge and skills;
- strong oral and written communications skills;
- ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- the ability to lead, manage, and motivate multidiscipline teams;
- knowledge of, and ability to apply, emerging best practice;
- a good working knowledge of and be competent in the use of AutoCAD and MS Office or equivalent;
- A current driving license and access to a car for use in the course of this work.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland