Grafton Built Environment is working with a market leading subcontractor in Northern Ireland and the UK, to recruit a Quantity Surveyor to join their team on a permanent basis. This role will be based out of their headquarters in County Derry/ Londonderry with some travel to England, Scotland and Wales to work on some really exciting projects to add to your experience portfolio. Accommodation, flight, expenses all included.
As Quantity Surveyor, the successful applicant will provide a service as part of a team, including completion of a range of functions associated with the role. To contribute to the targets of the company through agreeing costs monitoring expenditure, generating accurate valuations and negotiating on behalf of the company.
- Prepare financial projection for each job
- Review prices and develop packages for pricing, Issue packages
- Attend regular team meetings on site
- Identify any issues of concern on site and report as appropriate
- Negotiate with Client's team as necessary to achieve best value for the company.
- Liaise with the Surveying Manager, Contracts Manager and Finance Manager to agree contracts with sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Timely preparation of final accounts as required.
- Provide support to the Contracts and Estimating departments as necessary
- Support in the management of Contracts
- Assist in bid, PQQ and tender preparation
- Compare valuations against projections and report variances monthly
- Report on jobs financial performance
- Provide reports to the Surveying Manager as required
- Set a good Health and Safety example and ensure that there is appropriate action taken if any risks or Health & Safety breaches are observed
What you need:
- Relevant third level qualification
- Proven knowledge and industry experience
- Sound knowledge and understanding of contracts, tendering processes, contract law and professional practice
- Knowledge of relevant building legislation, standards and Health and Safety requirements
- Strong experience of NI and UK construction and/ or Manufacturing markets.
Skills & competencies required:
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Proficient in the use of appropriate estimating software
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, including effective influencing skills
- Evidence of excellent analytic ability and strong mathematical aptitude
- Proven pragmatic approach to problem solving and decision making
- Evidence of strong planning, organisational and time management skills with a proven ability to meet tight deadlines
- Proven ability to accurately read and interpret technical drawings and documentation
- Ability to work flexibly as required to ensure business needs are met from time to time
How to apply:
Please click on the link and upload your up to date CV or feel free to contact Kathryn Bennett at Grafton Specialist Recruitment for the Built Environment on 028 90 323 333 for more information or to express interest in the role.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.