Grafton Recruitment is working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary Ranger to start ASAP until 31st October 2019.
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £8.21
13+ week's £10.36
Location: Crawfordsburn & Redburn Country Park
Hours: 37 per week
- Driving licence essential (manual operation)
- Ability to work bank holiday weekends.
- Reading and writing skills to record visitor information requirements
- An interest in the environment with local history
- Experience in grounds maintenance would be desirable but not essential.
The main duties and responsibilities of the posts will include some, or all, of the following:
- Ensuring that the Visitor Centre is open during the advertised times and is providing the required level of service
- Opening, closing and checking the security of buildings and setting alarms where appropriate
- Assisting with the operational running of the site
- Ensuring the care and safe handling of NIEA property and exhibits and the sensible and safe use of property by visitors.
- Completing personal time sheets and vehicle log sheets and such other returns as may be required from time to time;
- Carryout regular inspections of roads, paths, woodland walks, fence lines and picnic areas etc and providing reports.
- Light cleaning of formal bench seating and bins.
- Patrolling sites and enforcing byelaws where appropriate;
- Encouraging responsible behaviour by the public;
- Escorting/supervision of groups, demonstrating sites, participation in the organising and running of events and giving talks using an information package prepared in conjunction with wardening staff;
- Helping the public, answering questions on non-policy matters and generally making them feel welcome;
- Carrying out health and safety checks as scheduled
- Working outside in a forest environment
- Fulfilling authorised person duties relating to the undertaking and enforcement of the provisions of enabling legislation;
- Assisting with control of special activities such as major events;
- Undergoing training as required to carry out duties and develop a knowledge of the estate history.
- Undergoing training as required to carry out the duties;
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £26/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Coleen Lavery will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland