The main duties of this job will include some or all of the following:
- Opening, closing and checking security of buildings and setting alarms as appropriate;
- Ensuring that the facilities are open during advertised times and providing the required level of service;
- Assisting with the operational running of the site;
- Site inspections;
- Litter inspections;
- Cash handling on site e.g. admission charges and associated cashier duties;
- Supervision of visitor groups and exhibitions;
- Ensuring the care and safe handling of HED property and exhibits and sensible and safe use of property by visitors;
- Provision of tours on request;
- Collecting visitor numbers.
- Undertaking general duties for site and depot maintenance, including (but not limited to) grass cutting; hedge cutting, digging trenches, erecting sheds and huts and sites, cleaning of equipment and facilities, operating lifting gear;
- Driving departmental vehicles from depot to sites, including transport of colleagues and materials.
This post requires staff to work evenings, weekends and bank holidays. Candidates should be customer focused, confident in speaking to members of the public and able to give guided tours and interact with visitors to provide a high level of customer service. Other duties will include supervision of the grounds and monument to ensure health and safety of visitors and staff, light cleaning duties and setting alarms/locking buildings along with those listed above. Training on locking up duties and tour guiding/customer interaction will be provided.
37 Hours per week
5 out of 7 Days per week
8hr per day
Rota Shifts between 8.30am-9pm a
- Access NI Clearance
- Full driving License