Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary Ranger/s to start ASAP for a duration of 6 Months (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £8.21 per hour
13+ week's £10.49 per hour
Location: Belfast, BT4
Hours: 16 hours per week Sat - Sun (additional hours may be offered)
- Possession of a full driving licence.
- Ability to work bank holidays, weekends and through the December /January holiday period.
- Reading and writing skills to record visitor information requirements.
- An interest in the countryside with local human and natural history.
- Manual handling training.
- The main duties and responsibilities of the posts will include some, or all, of the following:
- General monitoring of the Estate and assisting with its running;
- Completing personal time sheets and vehicle log sheets and such other returns as may be required from time to time;
- Carryout regular inspections of the Playpark ,Outdoor Gym ,Fitness Trail ,Roads, Paths, Woodland Walks, Fence lines
- Picnic and Barbeque areas etc using managements portable data collector and providing written reports.
- Light cleaning of formal bench seating and bins.
- Patrolling sites and enforcing byelaws where appropriate.
- Encouraging responsible behaviour by the public.
- Helping the public, and generally making them feel welcome.
- Assisting the estate head gardener with watering plants, weeding and spreading of bark.
- Working outside in a forest environment.
- Fulfilling authorised person duties relating to the undertaking and enforcement of the provisions of enabling legislation.
- Assisting with control of special activities such as major events.
- Undergoing training as required to carry out duties and develop a knowledge of the estate history.
- Duties related to the work may be assigned to include;
- Recording of visitor incidents including accidents or complaints
- Litter collection
- Hourly checks of Public Toilet
- Checking /Restocking of Public Toilets and basic cleaning if required.
- Record keeping of all activities
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland