Temporary Reception Administrator required for a local government organisation based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £9.74 per hour
Location: Belfast city centre
Hours: Ad hoc hours Monday - Sunday
Duration: 3 months pending review
- To carry out the relevant duties at the Exhibition reception desk on the basis of the rotas developed by the Unit and to provide the highest levels of professionalism and customer care
- Acting as a single point of contact for all exhibition and tour enquiries and general visitor enquiries
- Providing general information on the exhibition themes, tours, the City Hall building and other local tourist attractions
- To be responsible for the handling and security of payments relating to personal sales and transactions, and assisting as required in cashing-up, reconciliation and banking procedures
- To be responsible for the issuing, monitoring and control of exhibition headsets and for ensuring that sufficient supplies of headsets are available to meet demand
- To keep under review the Exhibition infrastructure and to ensure all of the displays are presentable and that all systems & services are fully functional, and to report any faults promptly
- To deal with all reception desk enquiries, including the display, holding and issuing of relevant information, and as required to issue information on special events and initiatives
- To promote the merchandise areas, including assisting in the display, sale, rotation, replenishment and stock-taking of merchandise
- To operate any software and information systems supplied, including the point-of-sale and booking systems
- To provide a customer ticket sales and information service in person, email, post, and by telephone using the box office system including the issuing of tickets, reservations, refunds and exchanges and to aid patrons with special requirements
- To work in conjunction with tour service to deal with group bookings for the exhibition and tours, including any associated administration or invoicing
- Assist in recording all visitors entering and leaving the exhibition and to issue and receive passes using all approved systems provided
- To assist with the wider operations of the Civic HQ Unit as required, including Reception cover, general administration and the provision of a telephone-answering service
- To assist in the provision of a range of routine business-related administrative activities including data input, extraction, compilation of relevant statistical information and general administration tasks as required
- To assist in the emergency evacuation of the area if so required
- To maintain a clean and tidy public reception and exhibition area and to liaise as required with the Cleaning and Portering Unit in order to ensure high standards are maintained
- To assist with the induction and training of new staff and temporary cover workers on the duties and responsibilities of the post.
- Demonstrate at least one year's experience in providing excellent customer service in a reception-oriented role to a varied clientele including foreign visitors for whom English is not their first language, and dealing effectively with members of the public - including difficult customers - in person or over the telephone
- Experience of ticketing, cash handling, merchandising sales and individual and group bookings
- Competent use of ICT systems and services, preferably including dedicated booking and point-of-sale applications
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.