The Client: Local Government body based in Co Down, serving local residents
Thepostholder will be at the forefront of customer services dealing with the public at reception desk and by telephone.
- Provision of a full range of receptionist services including dealing with the public in person, by telephone and by email in accordance with the Council's Customer Care standards. Processing incoming/outgoing mail. Operation of the switchboard ensuring calls are correctly diverted and messages received promptly delivered.
- Operation of a computerised booking/cash system including recording, monitoring and reporting to management all relevant information in relation to bookings and usage. Reconciliation of cash processing lodgements in accordance with Council procedures.
- Promotion of stock, stock control and merchandising. Promotion of Council services and special events and assisting at events as required.
- Provision of clerical and administrative support to include word processing, filing and maintenance of records.
- Ensure all Health & Safety legislation, published relevant guidelines and Council Health & Safety policies and procedures are complied with in relation to the services and activities within the facility to provide a safe environment for employees and contractors
- To undertake general clerical duties relevant to provide support across the Centre Management Section appropriate to the level of the post.
Hours of work: Over 19.50-30.50 hrs (Shifts: mixture of Days, Evenings & Weekends)
- Five GCSE passes at Grade A-C, NVQ Level 2 in Administration or equivalent.
- A minimum of one years' experience in a customer service environment or receptionist post.
- Where applicants do not hold the qualifications, they must demonstrate a minimum of three years' experience as outline
- A working knowledge of computer packages to include database experience.
- Experience in the operation of a computerised booking / cash system
- Rate of Pay: £10 p/hr
- Holiday Entitlement
Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.