Our Client, a Large Public Sector Organisation based in Limavady require a Recreation Attendant 37 hrs per week for Maternity Cover.
Role : Recreation Attendant
Location : Limavady
Hours of work : 37 hrs per week ( Maternity Cover )
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £9.00 13 weeks + £9.74
Main Duties :
- Enforce regulations which directly impact on the Health & Safety and well-being of all patrons using the Centre's facilities. Monitoring and supervising the public to such effect.
- Following an approved training programme, develop a working knowledge of all Normal Operating Procedures and Emergency Actions Plans in order to carry out duties, in particular pool life-guarding and supervision, in such a manner as to prevent serious incidents or injuries from occurring. In developing such knowledge and skills through staff training and normal duties, be able to react in a calm and effective manner to all major incidents.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene throughout the centre and complete relevant documentation on such. On request, assist in maintaining standards of cleanliness for the outdoor boundaries of the centre eg: for special events, health & safety requirements.
- Establish and maintain customer awareness of Council policies and procedures and Health & Safety protocols, whilst still maintaining good customer care practice. Complete local government training courses on such.
- At all times ensure compliance with Council policy on Child Protection, both in carrying out duties and in supervision of members of the public. Complete a training course on such.
- Responsible for the correct use and care of all equipment / machinery in respect of the normal operations of the centre.
- Report defects in or damage to the building and equipment, fixtures and fittings of the facility to the Duty Manager. In the case of urgent or emergency situations, carry out such replacement / repairs as are within the ability of the member of staff, that ensure the safety of the complex and its patrons.
- Comply with and ensure compliance with Council's Health & Safety Policy and Procedures.
- Comply with and actively promote Council's Policies and Procedures on all aspects of Equal Opportunities.
Full Job Description available on request .
Essential Criteria :
- Possession of a Bronze Medallion qualification or equivalent.
- Possess a good level of physical fitness
Desirable Criteria :
- Possession of a National Pool Lifeguard qualification.
- First Aid qualification.
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please apply via the link.