Temporary Recycling LGV Driver/Operative required for a local government organisation based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £10.14 per hour
Location: Belfast city centre
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday - Friday (07:30 - 15:30)
Duration: 1 month pending review
- To drive and be responsible for any allocated vehicle and any authorised passengers. Also to ensure that the vehicle is not overloaded and to safely manoeuvre the vehicle on the daily route
- To carry out refuse collection and recycling duties, with due regard to property and with minimum disturbance to members of the public, hence bins and similar items should be emptied and returned to their proper location undamaged and with lids closed.
- To empty all types of receptacle and lift all loose waste, as required, ensuring the safe collection and disposal of waste.
- To adhere to instructions given regarding the use of landfill or other disposal sites and transfer stations.
- To oversee the daily work of the recycling operatives ensuring the daily route is followed and all relevant operational instructions are followed.
- To operate all vehicle systems which ensure the safety and security of the vehicle, staff and the public.
- To complete vehicle daily record sheets for mileage, fuel, defects etc. and return to the Transport Supervisor daily.
- To use radio and other telecommunications facilities as required.
- To undertake any inspection process required to ensure that materials presented for recycling are not contaminated by non-appropriate materials. This will include both pre and post emptying of the receptacle.
- To assist with the collation of data relating to individual premises including the use of any computerised or manual data capture systems and to present any necessary reports as required.
- To undertake appropriate measures to identify premises not adhering to proper procedures for presenting materials for recycling, for example contamination, not suitably presented, not leaving out receptacle and providing the necessary reports on such premises as required.
- To assist as required with any promotional activities designed to encourage the Public to recycle, including personal contact with the public, leaflet drops, attachment of bin stickers and assist with any public survey work as required.
- To report back to the Operations Supervisor, on completion of the daily route, any premises/streets where collection has not been completed on the prescribed day for whatever reason.
- To adhere to appropriate driving guidelines - driver daily checks, accident procedure and drivers' procedures including the wearing of appropriate protective and reflective clothing, safety footwear and other PPE; the safe lifting of heavy objects and ensuring the safety of the public and other staff where appropriate.
- To undertake other duties such as refuse collection and street sweeping and associated functions, when not required for recycling operations.
- Full, current LGV (Class C) driving licence which enables them to drive appropriate large refuse collection vehicles in Northern Ireland
- Full, current Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) qualification
- Be able to demonstrate with specific examples one year's relevant experience in driving a LGV in a commercial/public sector environment and dealing directly with the public
- Must undergo and successfully pass a driving assessment as part of the selection process
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.