Temporary Recycling Operative required based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £10.14 per hour
Location: Belfast city centre
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday - Friday (09:00-17:00)
Duration: 2 months
- To advise, direct and assist members of the public with the segregation and disposal of recyclable materials both non-hazardous and hazardous in nature and in doing so deliver high levels of customer care and promote recycling initiatives.
- To ensure that the site including open areas, buildings and the area immediately outside the site are kept clean and to participate in routine and special cleaning programmes as required, and ensure all spillages and leaks are cleaned and/or contained as a matter of urgency.
- To assist contractors on site in the delivery of their services, ensure that all contractors comply with the site operational plan and adopt safe systems of work as per risk assessments and report any non-compliance to the Recycling Supervisor and Area Recycling Officer.
- To inspect and record the quantities and types of all waste removed from the site, to ensure that there is no unauthorised removal of waste and input the necessary data into the IT System.
- To manage the use of all waste containers, in the absence of the Recycling Supervisor and Area Recycling Officer, and ensure that they are emptied sufficiently frequently.
- To operate mobile compaction/skip moving equipment and any other plant and equipment provided on site.
- In the absence of on-site supervision, ensure that safe systems of work are employed and that all work activities are carried out in compliance with health and safety legislation and the waste management site licence.
- To carry out daily health and safety checks at the site including the inspection of plant and equipment prior to operation, conduct inspection and record maintenance logs and to report any contraventions or defects to the Recycling Supervisor and Area Recycling Officer.
- To carry out fire safety inspections, maintain site fire log and implement the fire action plan in the event of a fire breaking out in any part of the site.
- To open, close and work in the recycling centre and civic amenity site at appropriate times as instructed by management and if necessary, in the absence of the Recycling Supervisor and Area Recycling Officer to act as primary key holder for the site and respond to out-of-hours emergencies.
- At least two GCSEs (Grades A-C) including English, or equivalent qualifications
- Be able to demonstrate at least six months relevant experience in working within a waste management environment and providing advice/guidance to customers on a daily basis
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.