Regulatory Assessor - Finance Standard
Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary Regulatory Assessor to start ASAP for a duration of 3 Months (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £12.00per hour
13+ week's £17.43per hour
Location: Belfast, BT2
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm)
The qualifications required for the grade are to have successfully completed the final professional examinations and be a full, current member of one of the following bodies detailed below:
- Chartered Accountants in Ireland;
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland;
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales;
- The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants;
- The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants;
- The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy; or
- The Institute of Certified Public Accounts in Ireland.
- Access to a form of transport which will permit the requirements of the post to be met in full may be required.
- Contribute to the delivery of a programme of high quality finance regulatory engagement and assessments which is joined up, risk-based and focused on ensuring compliance with the standards.
- Ensure that corporate approaches to quality assurance and control are consistently applied and that all outputs meet agreed quality standards.
- Taking direction from the Finance Regulatory Manager to ensure that workload is prioritised as required.
- Act as one of the operational interfaces between the Department for Communities (DfC) and RHAs ensuring that key finance regulatory issues, reach a positive conclusion.
- Visit RHAs throughout Northern Ireland, when required to build working relationships, offer support and work collaboratively on the Regulatory Framework.
- Ensure accurate and timely recording of decisions and information relating to finance regulatory tasks to deliver an effective and credible regulation in accordance with the 2017 Regulatory Framework.
- Establish and maintain a business relationship with each allocated RHA understanding the risks facing RHAs and gaining assurances about how those risks are mitigated.
- Collate and analyse evidence and behaviour data/intelligence gathered from a variety of RHA sources to produce an annual published Regulatory Judgement about each RHA.
- Support RHAs to improve continuously and fulfil the requirements of the 2017 Regulatory Framework.
- Collaborate with Housing Regulation Branch and our Business Partners to intervene appropriately with RHAs who are unable to address significant shortcomings themselves.
- Respond to requests for Ministerial Briefing, FOI, Assembly Questions, Oral Questions etc. On regulation.
- Establish and maintain effective record keeping systems to capture information gathered.
- To act as an ambassador for the Housing Regulation Branch, representing the Department for Communities, to the housing sector and wider stakeholders.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland