Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Research & Policy Officer to start ASAP for a duration of 6 Months initially.
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £12.50 per hour
13+ week's £17.23 per hour
Location: Belfast, BT2
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm)
Qualifications and criteria
- A relevant Third Level qualification in a social science-related subject area i.e. Law, Public/Social Policy
- 3 years experience of working in a research and/or policy development environment producing research-informed reports and concise policy documents often to tight deadlines
- Experience of analysing a range of qualitative and quantitative data including reviewing legislation and governmental policy
- 2 years experience of working in the public sector
- A good working knowledge of IT and using MS Office
- Experience and ability of working effectively as part of a team
- Experience of undertaking research either individually, as part of a team or commissioning external research projects
- Effective oral and written communication skills in speaking and presenting to a range of audiences
- Project management experience - working individually and as part of a team
- Experience of responding to public consultation exercises
- Experience of managing the organisation of meetings including drafting papers and recording minutes
Reporting to the Acting Heads of Research and Policy Development, the purpose of this role is to support the development of robust research on key issues relating to victims and survivors in Northern Ireland and other jurisdictions. The post holder will support the Acting Heads of Research and Policy Development in the day-to-day management of the Commission's programme of research. This includes both in-house research and out-sourced research contracts
The post holder also has an integral role in the delivery of the new Peace IV research programme over the period 2017-20 and ensuring the agreed implementation plans are delivered.
The post holder will also support policy analysis and evaluation and reviews of services, law and practice in order to safeguard and promote an awareness of matters relating to the interests of victims and survivors in Northern Ireland and other jurisdictions. The post holder will also support the Acting Heads of Research and Policy Development works closely with the review and evaluation of services delivered by the Victims and Survivors Service and in the implementation of the Building for the Future Action Plan.
The role involves work with The Executive Office, the Victims and Survivors Service and a wide range of stakeholders and partners from the private, public, community and voluntary sectors.
The post holder must also ensure they work closely with the Victims and Survivors Forum across all stages of the policy development process to ensure their views have been sought.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland