Temporary Resource Advisor required for a local government organisation based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £10.14 per hour
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday - Friday (08:30 - 16:30)
Duration: 2 months pending review
- To promote recycling, re-use and waste minimisation through providing door step advice and education to householders and the business community to increase participation rates in the city's recycling schemes.
- To support the introduction of new recycling schemes and initiatives through raising awareness of environmental sustainability and green issues amongst households and the business community.
- To carry out a programme of work as identified by the Senior Resource Advisor.
- To work closely with the Waste Education and Promotion Officers and other officers involved to ensure the smooth running and delivery of all waste promotion events.
- To undertake participation surveys and to gather a range of information relating to household and commercial recycling schemes, including participation and contamination rate data as directed.
- To assist with the compilation and assessment of data, the monitoring of poorly performing recycling areas and the provision of additional advice, education or pre-enforcement action as directed.
- To assist with the delivery of educational and promotional events such as the annual waste fair, schools events, summer schemes and shopper awareness days and other events.
- To undertake direct marketing activities on behalf of other environmental bodies as and when required.
- To drive as and when required any shared vehicles and ensure they are kept in a clean and roadworthy condition.
- To ensure that all public enquiries are dealt with in a courteous and friendly manner and in accordance with the council's customer service standards.
- To carry out projects in an efficient and effective manner as directed by the Waste Manager (Education and Business Development) in order to achieve required performance standards
- Full, current driving licence which enables driving in Northern Ireland
- One year's relevant work experience in dealing with members of the public, compiling/analysing service information and undertaking marketing and promotional activities
- At least one year's experience promoting recycling, re-use and waste minimisation schemes
- 5 GCSEs (Grade A - C) including English or equivalent
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.