Our client, a leading hotel in the Fermanagh area are seeking to recruit a Restaurant Manager to join their existing team in Enniskillen, Co Fermanagh
As the Restaurant Manager you will -
- Train, supervise, counsel and discipline food and beverage staff to the standard required for the efficient operation of the food and beverage department especially the restaurant. Organise and conduct pre-shift and departmental meetings communicating information to staff, such as house count, reservations, private bookings and menu changes.
- Interact positively with customers promoting hotel facilities and services. Resolve problems to the satisfaction of involved parties. Maintain rapport with all departments and attend relevant meetings.
- Move throughout the building and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take action to ensure food quality and service standards are met. Verify temperatures, judge appearance and taste of products and check preparation methods to determine quality. Give guidance toward improvement and make necessary adjustments for consistency of served menu items. Organise supervision from the pass with chefs on duty.
- Be proactive in maintaining the profitability of the hotel and supporting the overall hotel operation. Ensure par stock levels are maintained by calculating inventory, ordering and retrieving supplies and stocking shelves by stooping, bending, lifting heavy articles and reaching overhead. Evaluate cost effectiveness of all aspects of the food & beverage operation. Develop and implement cost-saving and profit-enhancing measures while adhering to company policy.
- Utilize POS and computers to accurately charge customers, create forecast and revenue reports and write correspondence. Input and retrieve data.
- Complete daily beverage inventory for food & beverage areas.
- Ensure that all standards and hotel cash handling procedures are met.
- Ensure adequate staffing levels for anticipated business during shift.
- Monitor staff performance.
- Supervise the set-up of restaurant to include placement of table linen, cutlery & crockery and glassware according to standards and event order specifications. (Applicable to grill/ lounge and bars and function rooms as business requires).
- Visually inspect restaurant (grill/ lounge and bars, function rooms) and equipment prior to start of business for cleanliness and proper inventory and set-up
Ideally the Restaurant Manager will possess the following:
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and service ware.
- Knowledge of all applicable Government health and safety regulations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the English language in order to read event orders and effectively communicate with guests and employees.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to operate various food and beverage equipment.
- Ability to set realistic goals and standards.
Hours of work:
- 40hrs per wk Mon - Sun
- Salary negotiable with experience
- Free Parking
- Uniform supplied
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
For further information please contact Una on 028 6632 3300 and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.